2015 Cubs Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 09:50 AM)
I'd still worry about Bryants Ks.

this.

he still struck out 27% of the time in AAA. add on +5% for MLB difficulty. while he would still certainly be capable of 20-25 hrs, i'd put his average at .220-.240. Unless he is the next coming of Mike Trout who strikes out 27% of the time, yet still hits .280

QUOTE (Armchair Hahn @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 04:01 PM)
this.

he still struck out 27% of the time in AAA. add on +5% for MLB difficulty. while he would still certainly be capable of 20-25 hrs, i'd put his average at .220-.240. Unless he is the next coming of Mike Trout who strikes out 27% of the time, yet still hits .280

I'm thinking 30 easily. Based off of the stats on mlbfarm, 2/3 of the balls he put in play were in the air. When the wind's blowing out at Wrigley, he's going to be a beast.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 11:07 AM)
I'm thinking 30 easily. Based off of the stats on mlbfarm, 2/3 of the balls he put in play were in the air. When the wind's blowing out at Wrigley, he's going to be a beast.

i'm actually curious and interested as to how the new mega scoreboards may affect any jet streams. i know Texas' stadium was recently modified within the last couple of years and turned it from a homerun positive to a homerun neutral park.

Edited by Armchair Hahn

QUOTE (Armchair Hahn @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 11:11 AM)
i'm actually curious and interested as to how the new mega scoreboards may affect any jet streams. i know Texas' stadium was recently modified within the last couple of years and turned it from a homerun positive to a homerun neutral park.

The location is pretty conducive to gusts.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 11:18 AM)
Talk about putting pressure on a guy. First game in the Majors is a home game and he's hitting cleanup. I don't care if he's Mike Trout. That kind of pressure can get to you.

Even if he is Mike Trout, the Angels have yet to win a playoff game with him. One slugger doesn't guarantee you that much in baseball. ( but I would love to have that bat in the lineup )

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 11:44 AM)
Anyone else find it really shady that Olt's x-ray didn't initially reveal a fracture...but once Bryant's 12 days passed, it all of a sudden did?

Yep just happened to line up.............BS

QUOTE (ptatc @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 12:32 PM)
The front end rotation pitcher is more important.

Give me the stud position player that plays 155 games per season over the stud that is an injury risk every time they take the mound and only pitches 32-36 times per year.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 12:36 PM)
Give me the stud position player that plays 155 games per season over the stud that is an injury risk every time they take the mound and only pitches 32-36 times per year.

Pitching wins world series.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 17, 2015 -> 12:42 PM)
Pitching wins world series.

True. You generally don't build a team to win the world series though. You build a team to go to the playoffs over and over and over again. I'd rather have Chris Sale than Kris Bryant because Sale is proven. I would take Bryant over Rodon or Gray though and that was the original argument.