Derrick Rose to have surgery on Torn Right Meniscus

Looking at the bright side, JBuckets thrived as the man earlier in the season.

It's gotta be f***ing karma from the 90s Bulls dynasty that were fortunate to not have to many big injuries through their six title runs. This Bulls team can't stay healthy, it isn't only DRose (sure he's our franchise player and has gotten the most serious injuries) but it wouldn't surprise me at all if a couple of our other major players get hit with injuries before the playoffs.

This f***ing sucks

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Feb 25, 2015 -> 01:44 AM)
It's gotta be f***ing karma from the 90s Bulls dynasty that were fortunate to not have to many big injuries through their six title runs.

That was one of my first reactions waking up to this. We were so lucky to have those titles - now the luck's evening out.

I have a feeling they try to get him back on the court as soon as possible.

This team has had a habit of falling apart in response to Rose injuries. If Thibs does feel heat, that will be why. He will rightfully be expected to keep this team going and at a better clip than they have the past few weeks. They need to win a couple of playoff series, Rose or not.

Also, while it's probably not his fault, might be worth trying a different surgeon this time around.

Edited by Jake

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 24, 2015 -> 11:33 PM)
I really don't care what timeline is usually given for these types of injuries, he's not coming back this year.

I came back in a month and a half in high school from mine and I was so much better than Derrick.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 24, 2015 -> 10:05 PM)
Man I am really sad about this.

I'm not. I'm numb to the whole situation. Derrick sucked this year and wasn't interested in team play anyway. That said, 30% of our cap is swallowed for the foreseeable future, so he's just a big fat legless anchor. If he gets the meniscus removed, he'll earn a bit of my respect back. But I'm sure he still wants to play with his kids and lord knows getting that next contract with a removed meniscus will be tough.

So much for that - gotta preserve him for sometime down the road.

A timetable for Rose's return will be determined once he has surgery, the team said. The Bulls and Rose decided to fix the meniscus tear instead of cutting the damaged part out in order to elongate Rose's career.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 25, 2015 -> 04:04 AM)
Of course he's going to repair it and not its have it removed. At this point, why conserve and worry about his 30s? He should be trying to get back on the court.

This isn't true. If it's less than a 50% tear, it's more beneficial to just snip it at this point. This may not be that serious. We need PTACT in here to shed light on this.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 25, 2015 -> 09:33 AM)
Nah, Jay wasnt on a team that had championship aspirations(right or wrong). Steve is right, the last time was Rose last year, and Rose in the playoffs 2 years ago.

His first injury was easily the most devastating because he was in peak form that season (when he played) and the team was probably better than the ECF team from the prior year.

The two injuries since then have had a sort of nail-in-the-coffin feeling for fans. The first one, that was a guillotine.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Feb 25, 2015 -> 08:42 AM)
His first injury was easily the most devastating because he was in peak form that season (when he played) and the team was probably better than the ECF team from the prior year.

The two injuries since then have had a sort of nail-in-the-coffin feeling for fans. The first one, that was a guillotine.

I don't know, after the first one it felt like he would come back, these are the "no, no he's not coming back". And rebuilding sucks, I have no desire to watch bad basketball.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 25, 2015 -> 09:02 AM)
I don't know, after the first one it felt like he would come back, these are the "no, no he's not coming back". And rebuilding sucks, I have no desire to watch bad basketball.

That's fair. I shouldn't speak for all fans, but that was definitely how I felt.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 25, 2015 -> 09:02 AM)

They aren't going to rebuild though. They almost have to double down on Rose. He's owed $20 million each of the next two years. They are stuck there. Gasol and Butler will be around. I would look to deal Noah and Taj and see if I can get more scoring to compliment Rose/Butler/Gasol. They can't pay Noah again so they might as well use him as a potential asset.