1. 1. Combined team strikeouts: 15.5

• Over
    • Under

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 05:46 PM)
Don't shoot the messenger, but I heard Buddy Bell today and it doesn't sound like they have plans to bring Micah Johnson back anytime soon.

Listening to Bell talk is depressing. He should be gone, do not get the love affair for him.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 05:46 PM)
Wow, that's the best you got. You unable to read numbers bro? Guessing that "2nd to last in majors" point might be a little above your intelligence level. But keep rolling with the "troll" jokes. That's some funny s***.

I read numbers well. For you to think Micah would be making anything but a negative difference on this team then you are off your rocker. He sucks defensively like he is really f***ing bad. If you put him at DH, then sure but that's not happening.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 11:46 PM)
Don't shoot the messenger, but I heard Buddy Bell today and it doesn't sound like they have plans to bring Micah Johnson back anytime soon.

That's fine. You all have been scaring me about Micah's defense.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 11:49 PM)
Listening to Bell talk is depressing. He should be gone, do not get the love affair for him.

Not here. I despise him. It's why I didn't want Robin fired. Buddy would have taken over.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 05:50 PM)
It was a better move to save Robertson for tomorrow anyway.

If it were 5-2, or 4-1, I'd want him in. No save situation, no need. Maybe I'd want him in if he didn't pitch yesterday

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 05:54 PM)
If the Cubs are the 5th best team in the NL, then the Sox would definitely be in contention in the NL.

The Sox are in contention in the AL. 5 back of the WC and 9-2 in our last 11.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 05:55 PM)
Obligatory would Micah Johnson make those plays?

Not the first one yesterday.

The thing about Micah is that he's not that great of a hitter. If he were an above average hitter, his defensive miscues would be excusable. Sanchez is a godawful hitter though.

I don't know if Sanchez is the second worst player in baseball, but he's definitely not a net positive at this point.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 05:56 PM)
The Sox are in contention in the AL. 5 back of the WC and 9-2 in our last 11.

I should rephrase that. The Sox would be in a playoff spot.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 04:55 PM)
Obligatory would Micah Johnson make those plays?

I doubt it very much.

Sanchez playing much better; maybe he likes having Saladino around.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 05:57 PM)
The thing about Micah is that he's not that great of a hitter. If he were an above average hitter, his defensive miscues would be excusable.

Based on his first 83 major league plate appearances? What about his AAA numbers: .830 OPS, 142 wRC+, & 18 SBs in 50 games. Why ignore these? Quite frankly, we don't know what kind of offensive player he is yet. But based on his tools & minor league track record, he's got the potential to be a very good player with the bat. I'm just absolutely shocked so many posters (not you) are willing to write him off over ia very small sample of incredibly bad defense from a rookie.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 12, 2015 -> 12:24 AM)
Based on his first 83 major league plate appearances? What about his AAA numbers: .830 OPS, 142 wRC+, & 18 SBs in 50 games. Why ignore these? Quite frankly, we don't know what kind of offensive player he is yet. But based on his tools & minor league track record, he's got the potential to be a very good player with the bat. I'm just absolutely shocked so many posters (not you) are willing to write him off over ia very small sample of incredibly bad defense from a rookie.

i agree with this, and this is the reason why he was rushed to the majors, this yr, b/c of his offensive tools.