Sox Winner!!!

Chicago White Sox

Excellent win in all phases. Has to be really irritating/demoralizing for Cub fans since the Sox have been a non-entity all season and the Cubs have been all about Bryant/Madden, how great they are gonna be, etc.

Good to see the Sox play like big leaguers. Making the routine plays helps defensively. Don't forget Avi's nice catch today early in right field. That was a shot and he really did make a nice catch on it. That catch meant a lot.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 03:56 PM)
Huge win today. Great game all around.

Great to see Saladino, Flowers, Alexei all making contributions with the bat. Carlos Sanchez is hitting well. The pitching and defense has been great lately. Winning is FUN!!!

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 11:08 PM)
The Sox need to play better against division opponents. I don't even remember the last series win they had against one.

i bet the fans are asking themselves, how????

how did they loose to the sox with this record and ranking.

i love it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 06:53 PM)
F*** the Cubs and no matter how I feel about this team *$*$ the Cubs *$*$ them $*$* them again. Thanks Chris and strike out everyone on Tuesday.

:lol: f*** yeah!

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 07:02 PM)
Is beating the Cubs fun, or what? :D

Indeed! Especially with the roller coaster this season has been so far.

Sox offense is going to need to show up tomorrow against Arrieta. But that's tomorrow, today I am enjoying this win.

DVR'd both games since I was working. Tempted to DVR it tomorrow too cuz superstitious but I know I'll watch it live.

If Q can get a win I actually might start believing in this team again . Just sayin' the Curse of the Q is real and Arrieta will be a handful for Sox hitter.

Congrats Saladino on your 1st ML hit. You made it count !

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 06:08 PM)
The Sox need to play better against division opponents. I don't even remember the last series win they had against one.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 06:17 PM)
Don't have hope don't have hope don't have hope

Somehow these two posts are connected

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 12, 2015 -> 10:59 AM)
I know its just the win talking but I like the lineup yesterday without LaRoche in against the lefty.

i know it is a waste of the spot in some sense. but i still like it when they had Jose A. batting 2nd. etc.....

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 12, 2015 -> 07:02 AM)
As crazy as it seems, the Sox still have a shot. I know the old 7 or 8 teams they have to leapfrog for A WC berth, but 5 or 6 of those or only 2 games ahead. Get some offense, something might happen.

We can pass most of these teams by sunday. Never understood that line of thinking in any month not named september.