Official Buyers Thread

Chicago White Sox

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 08:19 PM)
@ScottMillerBbl 19s19 seconds ago

White Sox now have won 6 straight and only 4 games out of 2nd wild card. Sox 48-50. After 98 last year, KC was 48-50. Then, World Series

Did not know that. Fun fact.

Very interesting

Also lots of smoke out there right now. Need to sift through it all.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 07:23 PM)
Care to elaborate?

Nightengale, going back to Ozzie's days as manager, has always had the scoop on the White Sox. Given that he's a USA Today national reporter, it seems pretty strange that he always manages to know what folks who should be much closer to our team should know first.

Pretty clear that we leak things to him to get things we want into the media.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 08:27 PM)
Nightengale, going back to Ozzie's days as manager, has always had the scoop on the White Sox. Given that he's a USA Today national reporter, it seems pretty strange that he always manages to know what folks who should be much closer to our team should know first.

Pretty clear that we leak things to him to get things we want into the media.

IIRC didn't he leak the Shark deal? And Robertson?

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 09:32 PM)
Funny because Longoria was semi floated months ago IIRC

I remember that. I also remember the consensus being that it would require Rodon, Anderson, etc..

Any chance that has changed at this point with the season he's having?

QUOTE (staxx @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 08:33 PM)
I remember that. I also remember the consensus being that it would require Rodon, Anderson, etc..

Any chance that has changed at this point with the season he's having?

Nope. Same with Todd Frazier in Cincy, or Arenado in COL.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 08:33 PM)
Upton would be a mighty tempting target for KW, that's for sure.

Not sure what it would take to get it done. But Upton or Puig would be the biggest headliners. The Tigers are unlikely to deal us Cespedes. Think they'd take Avi back, haha?

Lol it's too bad Cespedes is on DET

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 08:35 PM)
Upton has an OPS of .608 and .480 the last two months. Yuck.

Knowing KW, that would make him even more tempting...because he won't have to offer as much and the Padres wouldn't have much to gain with the compensation pick.

Not unlike bringing in Manny Ramirez in 2010.

In the end, CarGo is much more likely, but only if KW's controlling things and has convinced JR to move on from Avi Garcia, since we'd be stuck with his contract for two more seasons.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 03:38 AM)
Only deal I give up Anderson in is one for Puig, which wouldn't make sense from the Dodgers perspective since they have Seager.

What if it ends up being a blockbuster 3-team trade where the Dodgers get Hamels or Price?

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 09:38 PM)
Only deal I give up Anderson in is one for Puig, which wouldn't make sense from the Dodgers perspective since they have Seager.

I'd be cautious even with that. I really like Anderson and think he will be our SS for the next 10 years once he arrives.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 09:39 PM)
What if it ends up being a blockbuster 3-team trade where the Dodgers get Hamels or Price?

I like the thought but Phillys best prospect is a SS and I doubt we trade Anderson to DET.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 02:13 AM)
win in the Central and win the Central....better to have said, they're capable of beating the teams in the AL Central head to head(other than the Royals right now)

This season is so bizarre I'm not ruling out finally holding their own in Central Division games the rest of the way (though the bastard Royals may spoil the party with a sweep in Kauffman next weekend). This team is so bizarre it's impossible to track it. I mean there's no way this team will follow this win streak with another bummer that puts it 8 under .500 again. Somebody please convince me of that!