**2015 World Series - Mets vs Royals**

flavum

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 08:49 AM)
I have zero problem with a pitcher who dominated a game being in the moment and wanting to finish it. This is what they have been programmed with since they were kids. If this happened to be your favorite Toronto pitcher you would of been delighted to see him have a bulldog persona. But it's one of those punk kids you don't like for whatever reason.

In the end it's up to Collins to manage the game. The minute he walked the first guy Familia should of been in. The lack of clutch hitting and a porous defense is what cost the mets.

As soon as they let Volquez off the hook in the sixth with just one run, everyone pretty much expected it.

Not phing for Cespedes there was more idiotic. Along with relying on Reed over Niese or even Colon...guys that can get into a rhythm for 2-3 innings.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 09:21 AM)
Would look great in a Sox uni. :D

Yeah, we might finally have an offense by the final year of his contract...and we'd give up the farm with someone who's already gone through TJ once and just went 36 innings past his original innings cap or limit. Too risky.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (shysocks @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 10:31 AM)

Saw that live last night. I laughed. Frank suffers from verbal diarrhea.

Overall, it was really hard to watch Fox coverage of the postseason. Joe Buck doesn't do it for me, but I'm kinda whatever on him. 3-man booths suck. Verducci seems like a douche. Harold Reynolds is terrible...so stupid. I read something about Harold that's true...he would be twice as good if he said half as much.

And really...I stayed away from the pre and postgame as much as possible. Pete Rose and Arod? Fox sucks.

QUOTE (flavum @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 10:42 AM)
Saw that live last night. I laughed. Frank suffers from verbal diarrhea.

Overall, it was really hard to watch Fox coverage of the postseason. Joe Buck doesn't do it for me, but I'm kinda whatever on him. 3-man booths suck. Verducci seems like a douche. Harold Reynolds is terrible...so stupid. I read something about Harold that's true...he would be twice as good if he said half as much.

And really...I stayed away from the pre and postgame as much as possible. Pete Rose and Arod? Fox sucks.

Harold Reynolds is just unbelievably bad. How can they not do better than him?

QUOTE (shysocks @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 10:58 AM)
Harold Reynolds is just unbelievably bad. How can they not do better than him?

Harold Reynolds said Kelly Johnson could "hit home runs with the best of them" last night when he was put in as a pinch hitter.

Kelly Johnson, the guy with a .172 career ISO.

Another Fox analyst tidbit:

I was re-watching some 05 WS stuff last night and while I've seen Pods' HR about a hundred times, I noticed something last night. McCarver literally jinxed Lidge right before the pitch of the HR.

Buck asked McCarver if Garner should have pitched Lidge in game 6 of the NLCS to get the taste out of his mouth from giving up that monstrous HR to Pujols. McCarver replied with "I don't think that taste exists".

Right after he said it, boom, walk-off HR.

Edited by chw42

The Royals scored 40 runs from the 8th inning on in the postseason. No other team scored more than 5. That's a crazy stat.

Also, I doubt Murphy or Cespedes lost any free agent money from their World Series performances, no more than Murphy gained from his homerun streak, which was little to none.

So, am I the only one who thinks the players wearing goggles in the post game celebration is dumb looking? I imagine getting champagne in your eyes isn't a great feeling, but it seems like the lockerroom celebration is over orchestrated - not unlike the cutting down of the nets in the NCAA tourney. Is there any spontaneity allowed in sports anymore?

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Nov 3, 2015 -> 03:30 AM)
So, am I the only one who thinks the players wearing goggles in the post game celebration is dumb looking? I imagine getting champagne in your eyes isn't a great feeling, but it seems like the lockerroom celebration is over orchestrated - not unlike the cutting down of the nets in the NCAA tourney. Is there any spontaneity allowed in sports anymore?

I agree. The champagne celebration should not be done until winning the ALCS and NLCS and again after the WS. Why celebrate just making the playoff wild card game? Dumb. Also the goggles have to go and they should have raincoats available and helmets for all media members. They have a job to do not to have their clothes ruined several times per year.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 11:23 PM)
I agree. The champagne celebration should not be done until winning the ALCS and NLCS and again after the WS. Why celebrate just making the playoff wild card game? Dumb. Also the goggles have to go and they should have raincoats available and helmets for all media members. They have a job to do not to have their clothes ruined several times per year.

This is reminding me of the Greg's Excellent Suit Buying Adventure.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 3, 2015 -> 10:36 PM)
Royals players decided to talk about how they didn't have a ROY, Cy Young or MVP but they're still awesome and beat them all.

God they're assholes

Neither did the 2014 Giants, or the 2013 Red Sox, or the 2012 Giants, or the 2011 Cardinals. I could go on but they are not at all unique in that regard.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 05:36 AM)
Royals players decided to talk about how they didn't have a ROY, Cy Young or MVP but they're still awesome and beat them all.

God they're assholes

Quin, That was Gomes. He took control of the pep rally. I think he was drinkin. It was pretty funny more than anything.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-colum...le42798258.html

Amazing crowds for such a small city.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-colum...le42767697.html

Best story...

http://deadspin.com/jonny-gomes-gives-obno...ch-a-1740372685

I guess Gomes has a future in pro wrestling, politics or motivational speaking.

Edited by caulfield12