Misc. Sox Quotes & Tweets

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 01:27 PM)
Eaton is under contract for SO LONG it only makes sense to move him if a team blows you away. There's no reason why Adam Eaton can't be a contributor on the next competitive White Sox team even after a rebuild. Eaton is where Sale was 2 years ago - if you don't screw up the next 2 years, you still have Adam Eaton under team control after a couple years of repair.

Oh, I am completely with you. His comment was player he DID NOT want to move, and Eaton was not on it. Hence the "no Eaton?" comment.

Adam Eaton is one of the most valuable players in the game right now. You only trade him if someone wants to give you close to what you should get for Sale. He's going no where, and I like that.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Nov 6, 2016 -> 12:51 PM)
https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/redsox/2...hdSK/story.html

Chicago White Sox — More than one GM has said that White Sox GM Rick Hahn is open for business on just about his entire roster. That includes Chris Sale and the rest of the rotation, Jose Abreu, third baseman Todd Frazier, and closer David Robertson.

Really hope this indicates rebuild, or at least selling some valuable assets for young talent.

QUOTE (Username @ Nov 6, 2016 -> 12:56 PM)
Really hope this indicates rebuild, or at least selling some valuable assets for young talent.

He actually has to make the trades/get decent enough offers to make the trades. I'm not sure any of that happens.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Nov 6, 2016 -> 10:51 AM)
https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/redsox/2...hdSK/story.html

Chicago White Sox — More than one GM has said that White Sox GM Rick Hahn is open for business on just about his entire roster. That includes Chris Sale and the rest of the rotation, Jose Abreu, third baseman Todd Frazier, and closer David Robertson.

Please be true. Sell em all.

QUOTE (Baron @ Nov 6, 2016 -> 02:03 PM)
He actually has to make the trades/get decent enough offers to make the trades. I'm not sure any of that happens.

Right. He will listen on anyone, i'm certain, but other GMs may well (probably won't) match his expectations. Don't think this indicates any direction.

QUOTE (PolishPrince34 @ Nov 6, 2016 -> 10:53 AM)
Just went to Dick's Sporting Goods to buy a White Sox hat for my 5 year old son who hates the Cubs. I'm not sure how that happened. They didn't have one White Sox merchandise to sell in the entire store. Disgusting and embarrassing!!!

As a longstanding white sox fan I have seen this many times. I was once told at Target after experiencing the same thing "no white sox hats" and I quote we reserve the right to carry any team merchandise

we feel like."

QUOTE (sammy esposito @ Nov 7, 2016 -> 04:02 PM)
As a longstanding white sox fan I have seen this many times. I was once told at Target after experiencing the same thing "no white sox hats" and I quote we reserve the right to carry any team merchandise

we feel like."

Go on line. Fanatics usually has free shipping and tons of stuff.

http://m.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article/208...ction-for-2017/

"That direction, even in a full rebuild, could include the addition of a free agent or two. But regardless of the path chosen, the White Sox probably won't be major spenders in the open market."

Not sure how looped in Merkin actually is, but curious timing (start of free agency exactly, 12:01 am), and this really feels like posturing for an imminent rebuild.