2016-2017 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 5, 2016 -> 12:28 PM)
He never had any injury concerns in college either. Just a rough sport. Bears are missing their starting QB, RB, WR2, CB1, NT, #1 Pass Rusher, Starting ILB, C, and #3 Pass Rusher. It's just ridiculous.

Yep. It is ridiculous. Although, Langford getting hurt was a good thing IMO as it forced them to play Howard who is a much more talented back.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 5, 2016 -> 11:51 AM)
Yep. It is ridiculous. Although, Langford getting hurt was a good thing IMO as it forced them to play Howard who is a much more talented back.

So much this. I'm hoping Howard runs away with the job over the next couple weeks...

A part of me refuses to go down the same road mentally as I did with DRose. I know they are totally different people but I still feel like I was burned and I dont want to fall into making the same excuses just to see White continue to get hurt time and time again.

I am down for the throw away year again if he doesnt have any other major injuries in the next few years but hell two years in football life is a long time to waste. This just sucks huge balls.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Oct 5, 2016 -> 02:39 PM)
White injury prone looking like a wasted pick.

Saying he's injury prone is lazy TBH. He overtrained for the combine and caused a stress fracture in his shin. This is an isolated helmet shot to the fibula. Broken bones don't make you injury prone. It's just a violent game. You can chalk them both up to luck in this case. It's not ideal though obviously because he needs as many reps as he can get.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 6, 2016 -> 09:35 AM)
Saying he's injury prone is lazy TBH. He overtrained for the combine and caused a stress fracture in his shin. This is an isolated helmet shot to the fibula. Broken bones don't make you injury prone. It's just a violent game. You can chalk them both up to luck in this case. It's not ideal though obviously because he needs as many reps as he can get.

I think that's it though. There are some unlucky dudes out there and he seems to be one of them.

QUOTE (shipps @ Oct 5, 2016 -> 04:13 PM)
A part of me refuses to go down the same road mentally as I did with DRose. I know they are totally different people but I still feel like I was burned and I dont want to fall into making the same excuses just to see White continue to get hurt time and time again.

I am down for the throw away year again if he doesnt have any other major injuries in the next few years but hell two years in football life is a long time to waste. This just sucks huge balls.

Not even the same planet as the Rose situation. Before Rose's knees broke he was the MVP and had a few very promising seasons, Kevin White just has a high draft pick and 4 games on his chart of accomplishments

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 6, 2016 -> 09:55 AM)
Not even the same planet as the Rose situation. Before Rose's knees broke he was the MVP and had a few very promising seasons, Kevin White just has a high draft pick and 4 games on his chart of accomplishments

Not comparing the two in terms of talent or what they mean to the team, just that they were both young talents that continued to have extremely major injuries back to back (to back with Rose). Its a similar trend and I dont want to make the same excuses or try to paint a positive outlook/narrative with White as I did with Rose because I refuse to get burned on an unlucky guy again.

QUOTE (shipps @ Oct 6, 2016 -> 08:16 AM)
Not comparing the two in terms of talent or what they mean to the team, just that they were both young talents that continued to have extremely major injuries back to back (to back with Rose). Its a similar trend and I dont want to make the same excuses or try to paint a positive outlook/narrative with White as I did with Rose because I refuse to get burned on an unlucky guy again.

Russel Westbrook had a couple knee injuries and look at him.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 6, 2016 -> 10:44 AM)
Russel Westbrook had a couple knee injuries and look at him.

I am totally aware that these injuries do not paralyze White for the rest of his life but he isnt a factor to me until he proves that he is a factor that can be counted on. I dont want to here the phrase "well White is coming back next year so thats a plus" because in my rollodex of the Bears org he hasnt been a part of it and will not be until he lasts a season or two at the very least.

QUOTE (shipps @ Oct 6, 2016 -> 10:51 AM)
I am totally aware that these injuries do not paralyze White for the rest of his life but he isnt a factor to me until he proves that he is a factor that can be counted on. I dont want to here the phrase "well White is coming back next year so thats a plus" because in my rollodex of the Bears org he hasnt been a part of it and will not be until he lasts a season or two at the very least.

And we still don't know if he's any good yet. Plenty of wide receivers have been drafted high in the first round and busted. Not only does he have to prove he can play a full season, but that he will perform at a high level. Just another major question mark in the Bears' future.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 6, 2016 -> 11:10 AM)
That stress fracture took a LONG time to come back from it seemed. This new injury scares me as well even though it should be straight forward.

This is a way easier injury barring surgery. Broken Fibula usually about a 6 week process. I think we could see him this season again if they deem it worth it to be honest.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 6, 2016 -> 09:35 AM)

We will see jury still out.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 6, 2016 -> 11:10 AM)
That stress fracture took a LONG time to come back from it seemed. This new injury scares me as well even though it should be straight forward.

Any bears injury should scare you. Has anyone come back ahead of their prognosis? We have to have worst med staff in league (in one of the best medical cities in country)

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 7, 2016 -> 08:36 AM)
Any bears injury should scare you. Has anyone come back ahead of their prognosis? We have to have worst med staff in league (in one of the best medical cities in country)

The Bulls too.