Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour

  2. reiks12 replied to fathom's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    I know the hitting philosophy is "f*** the strikeout" and I kind of bought into it throughout the year, but the ALDS really exposed that. I would like to see 1-2 less K prone players in the lineup next year. Meidroth, Antonacci, Peters, Vargas really showed me something this year. Colson, Mune - having both of them in the lineup kills rallies Braden - please work on your RH swing Benintendi - I can't wait until hes gone, 0-7 with 7 Ks in the ALDS Teel - I am still high on Teel and like Bart as the backup catcher Colson should be good trade bait, but man its hard to give up on a player of his potential..
  3. And he is still looking for his first walk in a Sox uniform. Meanwhile, he has 35 strikeouts in 106 plate appearances for the Sox.
  4. You’re not “supposed to” do anything. You do you, my friend.
  5. Venable may be a wonderful person or whatever but isn’t a wonderful manager. I think he’s a bit (probably more than a bit) of a flake. He’s playing blackjack while other managers are playing chess.
  6. almagest replied to fathom's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Joey Bart is still under contract. I imagine it'll be him.
  7. Sports are supposed to be fun, this season was fun, and the arrow for the team is pointing up. I’m really not sure it’s any more complicated or serious than that.
  8. I’d rather win division titles and make deep playoff runs and frequent World Series appearances versus selling jerseys. I’m sure Jerry already has any paraphernalia profits already buried deep beneath his pillow.
  9. This is exactly where im at. Did I expect them to make the ALCS. Yep. Did I expect them to win that, not really. So falling a game short isn't going to change my entire thoughts on the season. I was one of the few that had them at 80+ wins, and this should be the transition year to something better. Magical it was and don't let any of the pricks on this board take that away from you.
  10. They had Schultz starting until he showed he wasn't ready yet. Smith had too many command issues to trust going for longer than a couple innings. They'll 100% have both prepped to be starters next year unless they don't think they can do it.
  11. It doesn't seem like any adjustments were made after the 19 strike out game....that is what is so maddening to me.
  12. Right on the mark.
  13. The 1983 White Sox led the Majors in runs scored with 800 and only hit 157 homers. Bottom line, while Home Runs are nice and come in handy a good offense needs to be more balanced.
  14. Good comments. I wished our hitters would have adjusted, and I wonder what adjustments if any were suggested by our coaching staff. 21 strike outs are utterly unacceptable and in game adjustments were a must. Sprinkle some small ball, take some pitches, cut down on 2 strike swings, bunt for example. Give take signs to undisciplined hitters in 3-1 counts.
  15. Prayers that it turns out to be benign and for a speedy recovery. Not only is it extremely cool that Leo XIV is a big Sox fan, he's also doing a great job as Pope. I hope he has many more years of good health and that he'll be around to accept that invitation to throw at the first pitch at the new Sox ballpark. https://www.chicagotribune.com/2026/10/11/pope-leo-surgery-nodule-lung/
  16. He looks and sounds good. Wouldn’t shock me if he can make it that long, and it sure seems he won’t step away while living.
  17. fathom posted a topic in Pale Hose Talk
    There’s a very good chance IMO they just run it back next year with virtually the same position players. I could see them signing Grichuk to a 1-year deal and making Romo the back-up catcher. Would everyone be ok with this? You all know I believe one of the Montgomerys needs to go.
  18. Great season......we ran out of gas and got a bit anxious and nervous the last 3 games. Lots to be proud off but also a lot to fix too.
  19. While I am deeply hurting, it was a truly magical season and more fun than anytime since 2005. I am so proud of them and so grateful for this year, I'm just hurting right now.
  20. Great analogy. I can't enjoy the memories of a great season just yet, especially with the abysmal offensive effort last night. Burke deserved better than to get whacked with a playoff loss for his performance. Onward, forward....I'm trying.
  21. Have you not seen how incredibly careful the Sox are with Schultz and Hagen?
  22. ...at the earliest. He could opt to hang on as owner until 2034.
  23. Hopefully it goes well. Sending my prayers
  24. Didn’t Shane Smith go rogue and work with a Driveline group last offseason and change up his mechanics?
  25. There's no definitive medical reason that limits innings. Prep them all to be starters and whoever is good will stay a starter until they're no longer good. Whoever isn't goes in the bullpen.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.