Capn12

4/17 GT: Sox vs Sahx, 3:05 PM CST

Posted (edited)

You’re not going to win against Boston with only 3 hitters in your lineup with over a 700 ops.

The Dodgers and Padres struggle to find more than a couple of hitters to insert with less than that same number.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Thanks 1

Just now, caulfield12 said:

You’re not going to win against Boston with only 3 hitters in your lineup with over a 700 ops.

The Dodgers and Padres struggle to find more than a couple less than that number.

I don’t know. hard to envision that without a caulfield list.

• Haha 2

Just now, wegner said:

Frank Drebin was better behind the plate than this guy.

Always love a naked gun reference 😂

8 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Even early on, McCann showed hitting tools in the majors. You can name guys if you want, but they've all shown SOME propensity to hit major league pitching. Collins has not, at all.

How many opportunities has he had?

Crazy mlb does nothing about this...this guy shouldn’t ever be allowed behind the plate again. Bending over and calling balls and strikes isn’t exactly hard work, I don’t understand why they just don’t leave the best  guys of an umpire crew behind the plate. A little extra $ for doing so shouldn’t be that difficult either 

This umpire is going to cost White Sox the game 

I watched James a lot on the Tigers.  He didn't show nothing.  Tigers fans hated him.  Sometimes guys just figure it out.  McCann didn't do that until Chicago it's a fool's errand to suggest the Sox saw something.  They just got lucky.

2 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

Nice call, blue

Asshole

Bump for relevance

super excited to see the manfred rule again if we go extras

Just now, Heads22 said:

super excited to see the manfred rule again if we go extras

never mind you idiot

And..........there is that.

1 minute ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Crazy mlb does nothing about this...this guy shouldn’t ever be allowed behind the plate again. Bending over and calling balls and strikes isn’t exactly hard work, I don’t understand why they just don’t leave the best  guys of an umpire crew behind the plate. A little extra $ for doing so shouldn’t be that difficult either 

I wouldn't say it's hard work, I would just argue that to the naked eye balls can be very hard to see where they cross the plate. This is why it should be electronic.

Posted (edited)

8th inning not good so far in 21........pen getting torched.

Edited by Soxfest

Marwin Gonzalez?

There’s the thing about Heuer, it shouldn’t be that easy to take out a high fastball unless you were just sitting on pitch and location.

this team just isn’t very good right now. They fell in love way too much with their returning roster during the offseason.

• Like 2

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Marwin Gonzalez?

There’s the thing about Heuer, it shouldn’t be that easy to take out a high fastball unless you were just sitting on pitch and location.

It’s Marwin, that scumbag probably was told what was coming

1 minute ago, fathom said:

this team just isn’t very good right now. They fell in love way too much with their returning roster during the offseason.

I think they were banking on Eloy turning into a 300/360/600 monster.  Well, so much for all that.

This team just cant win when its close, not a playoff team. Cant blame the pitching staff as this offense is once again choking in scoring chances. No plan

1 minute ago, ScooterMcGee said:

I wouldn't say it's hard work, I would just argue that to the naked eye balls can be very hard to see where they cross the plate. This is why it should be electronic.

Very simple to have overhead cams that directly track the pitch its entire path across the plate...then you simply need to paint an electronic zone for top and bottom vertically.  Can have two people monitoring simultaneously.