Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Already seen him a couple times but for anyone who hasn't checked him out yet, he and his team are on now.
  2. Look out for Joe Mauer gentelmen. He's only played alittle over a month, and has already tied his career high in homers. IMO.. this will be his career year which is hard to fathom because of his 06 numbers. He is just that good.
  3. As many hacve said in that Peavy thread and even KW himself.. Sometimes its the trades you don't make that turn out to be the best. Peavy knew about the ankle and didn't wanna screw us over.
  4. SoxAce replied to scenario's topic in FutureSox Board
    Jordan Danks certainly has been working on striking out less since his jump. He's actually around the same number as earlier this season with W-S and remember he's jumped a level. WS: AVG-.322 AB-118 H-38 R-25 2B-11 3B-2 HR-3 RBI-21 BB-18 SO-32 SB-5 CS-1 OBP-.409 SLG-.525 OPS-.934 BIR: AVG-.314 AB-118 H-37 R-20 2B-5 3B-1 HR-3 RBI-11 BB-14 SO-31 SB-3 CS-2 OBP-.383 SLG-.449 OPS-.833 He's hitting less XBH and he's cooled off a bit, but he's still been very impressive.
  5. Only thing I'm disappointed with was turning off the TV and missing Poreda's debut. I was so pissed off by Ozzie's managing when Dotel was in and giving up the unearned runs, that I just turned the TV off.
  6. You don't have to. KW, Buddy Bell, etc. have to. Seems like the kid was definitely rushed despite the tools and alittle bad luck.
  7. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ As well as Troy Patton & Brandon Erbe. They are gonna be really fun to watch.
  8. I doubt he will.. especially considering Boras is his agent.
  9. Gonna be interesting to see how Clayton hits.. The last time he picked up a bat against the Brewers... It was in spring training.
  10. No badge. It's ARRRRGH!
  11. Annnnd fully reading on... Even praised Paulie. He's an idiot though and has his issues, but he isn't completely denial. I gotta thank Mike. If it wasn't for his potential the Reds saw (or thought they saw), we probably wouldn't have gotten Konerko.
  12. He was a 23rd rounder, and had his off the field issues but you are right. I was thinking of Charlee Leesman. My bad.
  13. Hopefully he continues to take the Shirek route or definitely, the Zumaya route in terms of that.
  14. SoxAce replied to Heads22's topic in SLaM
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^ Though when my hair is short, I don't really use it either. But usually... I do.
  15. One of the good posters and minds here. Surprised that I'm older than you, but i'll take it mr. youngin. Happy B-day.
  16. Definitely on the same page from what I said earlier. I mean all of those guys in that poll should not even have a vote IMO. They are all still young and have upside/history/etc.. of baseball left to play still.
  17. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ By far and a hellova call Mike. Shelby can still turn it on usually August/Sept. is his hottest month. He's been like that since he was drafted here. Marquez has been a huge disappointment. Even Lillibridge contributed a microscopic bit this season. Another guy who noone talks about but I'm very disapointed with is Drew O'Neil. Really thought a guy who was drafted as high as he was (and was talked up by a couple scouts) would be alot better than what he's showed.
  18. ^^^^^^^^^^^ But chill out Bart Simpson. I told T r u this a few days ago on AIM that the series was over cause Phil's (LAL) record is like 42-0 when he/the team wins the first game of a playoff game. T r u's response.. "Well f*** the Lakers!"
  19. Terrible day for all the leadoff hitters tonight. But a very nice Birmingham debut start for Shirek.
  20. Well you put me up to it.. Just saw it myself. Didn't get a chance to share my knowledge on that draft since I was gone, but jesus we got some real "experts" on that draft, hell days leading up to it (predictions thread, draft discussion, etc..). Props to Cerb (called the Beckham pick) Jason, Heads (esp. bringing sanity to that draft thread), DBAH0 (wanted Gordo the whole time) dasox, you dan, etc..
  21. New Wording for sig now.
  22. Anyone can tell you Dan.. I have no shame for my taste.
  23. Well noone said ST was perfect.. No offense Kyle, I still love you.
  24. SoxAce replied to flavum's topic in FutureSox Board
    Tyson Corley.. Gotta keep an eye on him (why he isn't in W-S despite his good numbers in Kanny even last year is anyone's guess) but man this guy has an eye popping GB/AO ratio since we drafted him..
  25. And to think you were right on the money with most of your post yesterday. What happened? I think the signings of Gilbert and Iglasius today from the Bears has gotten your head too "spinny" today.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.