Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. Bases loaded. 0 outs. Let's see how this unfolds... ha.
  2. Thanks man. That show is the s***. And where in god's name have you been Row?! Haven't seen you around these parks in quite sometime.(or I just miss you posting around)
  3. WAS IT OVER WHEN THE GERMANS BOMBED PEARL HARBOR?!?! ...Heh..
  4. Me: Pretty obvious. Game isn't over yet, but still.
  5. Tried it a couple times.. it was cool, ditto the cherry flavored. I remember when I was a big pothead back in the day, I would try anything though. I'm sure the tobacco guys love it as well.
  6. I doubt it. I believe this is the first time the sox will see Huff. If they are gonna be just like recent memory and past indicate, then I don't like their chances. I'll hold up a bit of optimism though.
  7. The kid supposedly got/gained 2-3 mph on his fastball since he was drafted (I believe he is 93-96 now) slider/slurve is a biter with good movement and his changeup is like a sinker diving away from hitters and desceptive. Big frame guy, (left-handed which is always nice) He's developing a cut fastball right now, and he's still learning to command all of his stuff (esp. offspeed) regularly. He's got very nice upside, but his command (and developing those pitches more) will probably be the key for him to thrive or for his demise. (not everyone learns to harness their stuff so he's a wait and see) Haven't checked out his numbers at all this season FYI so hopefully he's doing well.
  8. Probably one of the most versitle young (or old really) players in the game. He's 6'3 mind you.. he can play 1B, 2B, 3B, LF or RF. 1B and 3B are probably his strongest positions range wise. Rockies can put him literally anywhere. He can play.
  9. SoxAce replied to scenario's topic in FutureSox Board
    I'll give Sauer 2-4 more starts (since he's only pitched 6 games as a SP though not sure why he's still in Kanny) or till the draft comes, but he'll be in W-S very soon.
  10. He was drafted in the 1st round TWICE in back to back years. He was really good for a long time, once a highly touted spect not really cuz of his stuff, but just being a really smart pitcher, competitor, etc.. (also hardly gave up too many homers) He actually was suppose to be the better version of Buehrle, but he just never figured it out. At this point, he might have a hard time being a poor man's Buehrle actually.
  11. I was more or less talking hypothetically. And yes if his agent is Boras, he will be ridiculously rich and unproven.
  12. I'd rather us suck in 2010 then if that's the case and draft Bryce Harper in 2011 than suck this year.
  13. I'm certian he will. He's improved alot in only his 2nd full year behind the plate, and from what the B-Ham manager said in an article on MILB, he's improved his game calling quite a bit. KW has already said they want him as their all-star catcher. I'm sure they will value his bat way more than his defense as already seen with AJ. I love Flowers, I am very high on him.
  14. Agreed completely. Viciedo is damn near a lock IMO, though I'm sure for now some would put Poreda ahead at the moment. Dan and I both had Viciedo in our mock top spects list and to me what he's doing at just 20 in AA is amazing. He still needs work on alot of things but when you have a potential upside like he has (most say a Miguel Cabrera more or less) your a damn good prospect.
  15. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Happy B-Day man.
  16. Give him his college number (6) and he can be our Cutler of the Sox.
  17. You know how I feel about your football knowledge. Baseball... well...... *coughs* But back to Gordo, should be an interesting ride/career for the kid. Whether he's loved (which I'm sure it'll be) or hated if he bust.
  18. Fixed.
  19. I would prefer Gordo at 2B just because of Alexei's stronger arm and Gordo's far better value, but they can both flip-flop can be equally as good. Gordo as I believe Slav said earlier can be our Derek Jeter. (even if it is at 2B)
  20. Now that can work with Nix. He's come a long way from basically only playing one position in the infield. (which was out of this world defensively anyway)
  21. You know how I feel about Getz. Like the kid, he's a ballplayer, grinder, etc.. but unless Alexei moves to CF or gets traded (which I don't see neither happening as of yet or for the forseeable future) you put the most talented/upside man at 2B but is Gordo miles away. (Getz has very limited tools, or upside but is a very solid ballplayer) Nix is not the future (hellova glove, might learn with the stick, does have upside, but probably won't find it here) If Fields does figure it out then it's a very nice problem to have.
  22. Ya it is very interesting. Depends really how Allen develops as a 1B. If they are gonna work with Fields at 1B, then Konerko can move to the DH spot (or vise versa with Fields) Josh is certain athletic enough. Then you got Allen who could be either a 1B for a long time, or the DH maybe to start him off before Konerko hits FA, or DH for a long time. I'm tired of hearing about Holliday as well, unless the sox think they can put him at RF (they are NOT moving Quentin to RF, that's obvious as they coulda done that this year when JD went down instead of trotting Pods out there) or if he hires a new agent. (isn't Boras his agent?)
  23. I mean it's very obvious from a star standpoint, buisness standpoint, marketing standpoint, (fantasy standpoint for our fantasy guys out there ) etc..
  24. BearSox... That would be fantastic. 2B or SS.. won't complain at all.
  25. I'm really holding out hope that Gordo can be the future 2B or SS. I'm gonna pray Fields figures it out (been swinging the bat alot better but still) Gordo has superstar written all over him at those positions/mutiple all-star and his value certainly is crazy high at those positions say 6+ years down the line if the sox wanna get high raw value outta him if they draft another future stud (not saying it's gonna happen, or jump the gun, but you get the m.o.) Gonna be an interesting year (esp. minor league wise) to say the least and an interesting draft as well.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.