Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 11:46 PM) He'd probably have a better shot of winning a bullpen role, but I know I'd rather have him starting -- whether in Chicago or Birmingham. Hopefully our coaches feel the same way. Ditto. Looking at him, being a starter is his future and I think he can become a damn good pitcher. A great #3 possible #2 if he can have better control of his arm angles. Has balls and attacks the strike-zone doesn't hurt that he pitches inside quite a bit and doesn't walk too many people. After all that, I'd still like him in the minors though. I don't think he's quite ready yet and major league team or not, this was the Royals he was pitching against. And Tizz yes, I know that you love that he throws hard.
  2. That same article has Garland now as the number 2 according to Ozzie. So now I'm assuming Contreras-Garland-Buehrle-Vazquez-Russell/Danks/Floyd/Haeger.
  3. QUOTE(BearSox @ Mar 19, 2007 -> 10:55 PM) you had it right the first time... 04 draft. But I am not sure which round. 6th round pick. He was projected higher if I'm not mistaken so we got a little bit of a steal. Usually we'll draft a player who was projected lower from what I've seen the last couple years. God damn we had a hellova draft in 04 though.
  4. Whose house is it? Run's House!
  5. QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 17, 2007 -> 12:35 AM) I should have prefaced it by saying that is what I want to happen, not what will happen. A man can dream. Anyone who has Haeger making this team (even though I have him as our 5th starter) is cool beans in my book.
  6. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 16, 2007 -> 03:04 AM) It's about as pathetic as the time the ULA Peacocks got their asses handed to them by the SCU Mustangs simply because their mascot wasn't around to do the peacock strut and fire them up. How sad. It wasn't Carlton's fault, Will did his best.
  7. And it was in Minnesota where there are alot of sick bastards that live there (cough..Dougly...cough..)
  8. The one guy who noone talks about is David Paisano. He's going to play in the states this season and hit very well last season. He's only 19 so we'll see if he'll turn into a legit spect for them and if he'll come back to haunt us as well.
  9. Well he did say that he doesn't care about the hall anymore and if he's reinstated (which probably won't happen), he wants to manage again (probably won't happen) in the future.
  10. The Dallas/Suns game is very special to watch! Damn double overtime.. God damn Amare Stoudemire is back to the way he was before the surgery... a beast.
  11. QUOTE(Beastly @ Mar 14, 2007 -> 10:34 PM) Why not Spivey? I wasn't sure about him but I was just curious of your reasoning of not bolding him. He said "MLB potential" which probably means the prospects who have a chance to make impacts even though I understand your reasoning. I didn't agree with some of his bolding eigher.
  12. QUOTE(Felix @ Mar 14, 2007 -> 11:58 AM) Scouts rave about Tiger lefty Edward Campusano, who had 81 strikeouts in 55 1/3 innings in A-AA last year; Wait I thought he was on the Cubs? Please tell me this was just a mistake cause we don't need to see another stud pitcher on the Tigers. EDIT: Nevermind I looked it up he is on the Tigers.
  13. SoxAce replied to ExpatNYC's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    If you have comcast sportsnet, Jenks is pitching right now from the replay of today's game.
  14. QUOTE(BearSox @ Mar 14, 2007 -> 06:37 PM) If Heath has another solid first half, he could be a really good option for trade bait. That's what I'm hoping. KW in trade mode with scrubs we don't want is very good.
  15. Wouldn't be surprised if he reunites with his god-father, Sweet Lou, after this season if he's run out.
  16. QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 09:59 PM) Ben took 21 shots tonight. And Ben Gordon was the 4th leading scorer in a win. I think he only had like 10 points. It was just an odd game.
  17. QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 09:55 PM) Really? This must've been back in 2004 or early 2005. Because I swear J took over after that. Naw man qwerty was the man for quite some time. He had a ridiculous 35+ post per day at one time. When he first started it was like 50+.
  18. Of all the offensively challenged players, Ben Wallace and Tyrus Thomas are going nuts.
  19. QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 09:38 PM) Man, what happened to Jabroni? He was on his way to surpassing Jason and SS2K5 for total posts. He aint touchin qwerty I'll say that.
  20. SoxAce replied to VAfan's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 09:28 PM) who f***ing cares? cotts couldnt get dick out last year, and he can eat my ass... *this post brought to you by the swear filter... Wow. I've never heard of eat my ass before.
  21. QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 08:47 PM) Mark was for a couple of years, but that's opening a different can of worms. I'm with Cheat when he said a couple years back that Buehrle wasn't an "Ace." All in all, your right though. I'm not gonna stur the pot now..
  22. QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 08:41 PM) I was responding to the comment that, hey, he's had a lot of relapses by saying -- all drug addicts do. "I quit." Next day, you're lying on the floor with crack running through your system. Just be careful with your words mr. dislocation.
  23. QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 08:19 PM) Ah-ha. We're talking prospects like Chris Volstad here. I'd prefer Sean West.
  24. QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 13, 2007 -> 06:34 PM) To this day KW has made some terrible trades, but most of the time he knows what he is doing, and he has shown plenty of times that judging his trades before the results come out is very, very foolish. Like i said earlier, I understand what your sayin, but at the same time when someone is trying to tell you why a certain trade/signing is bad, you go on dense mode. It is hard to elaborate on a particular subject when it's like I'm posting to a wall. i still believe Reed will be a stud but like you said it is still a wait and see. we didnt steal a trade from them. where's Freddy now? He's in another uniform. Where is Reed now? Still in Seattle. I'll say this we did get a championship because that's what KW wanted and that's what matters in the end. He does sacrifice the future for the present and I respect that even though nowadays he's trying to trade quickly to have some future and not just be patient. I probably won't post anymore on this thread so I'll let you add your two cents in.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.