southsider2k5
Admin
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Forum: Pale Hose Talk
Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Malnourished children in US increasing
Out of curiousity any idea how much of this is compounded by a million illegal immigrants a year, or do those numbers factor into this?
-
NCLB question
QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 07:58 AM) I see a NCLB debate coming. Actually I would look forward to it. After all of the stupid BS that has happened in our school system, I am considering a run for school board... so learning all I can about it is attractive to me.
-
Most embarassing music ever owned?
QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 03:17 PM) Anyone remember the radio station The Blaze? That station ruled!! Z95 kicked all of their asses
-
NCLB question
I attended our school board meeting last night, and at this meeting they announced our AYP results (annual yearly progress) for No Child Left Behind. We had a couple of our schools who passed the results part for both math and english, but their results were failing because the schools did not hit the % of students attending classes that was required. Then there was a bunch of whining about how their interpretation of the numbers was different than ours. They said we had 95% attendance, vs the state saying 92%. My question is does anyone know what factors into those numbers? My guess is that things like suspensions or expulsions are getting included by one group and not the other, but I am not sure, and am curious if anyone out there knows for sure. Thanks
-
Well, there was a tsunami warning for west coast
Wow, the earth is really going nuts. SD earthquake at 5.6, this earthquake at 7, and the Chilean quake at over 7. The earth must look like a tuning fork right now. Jim maybe you know this, could this be secondary effects of the Indonsesian quake, basically shaking the earth so hard, that some of the other faults of the world start to give way? And also do you think we could see some more volcanic activity that could be the result of, or a contributing cause to this quake activity?
-
Not what I would call "heartwarming"..
QUOTE(Texsox @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 06:59 AM) Which is why the American public never allows one party too much power for very long. However introducing a third strong party would make things worse. Imagine the grid lock with a third party wanting a taste :headshake Maybe at first, but it would actually force compromise instead of one side ramming their agenda down the others throats as quick as they can like it has been for the past 80 years or so. I think it would be a great thing. It could also bring the parties back into line with reality.
-
16 Senators refuse to come out against lynching
I have an honest question here... Why is it that everyone is so upset that people refused to add their names to this amendment, but groups like Jesse Jackson are trying to stop things like the Emmitt Till excavation and investigation. On one hand they are saying 140 years isn't too much for an apology (which I agree with, its symbolic, but honorable), but 50 years is too much to actually do something concrete about a specific crime. I don't understand the logic here? They have a chance to actually punish someone for a horrific crime, but they aren't interested, while publisizing who didn't want their name added to a symbolic gesture. I don't get it.
- New Admin
-
The new world's fastest man
QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 03:21 PM) Any math geeks here who can tell me how fast that is in MPH? Just curious. IIRC when Michael Johnson obliterated the 200m record in 1996, it was something like 30 mph, but I am not positive.
-
NL All-Star Voting Update
Looks like things are starting to even up a little bit. Glad to see Nomar knocked out.
-
I need to store some pics.
Damn, hurry up and put up more Porkchop!!! BEST BLOG EVER!!!
-
16 Senators refuse to come out against lynching
Did they have the decency to say why?
-
The new world's fastest man
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/more...ex.html?cnn=yes
-
Any word on Frank???
So when did Frank get onto a Firemans schedule? One on, two off, one on, two off...
-
Pepsi 2-for-1 Question
QUOTE(Paco @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 02:41 PM) Hey, We have 3 people going to the Sox game tonight.....Since it's Pepsi 2-for-1, is that essentially half price? Or do we have to claim an even number of tickets per Pepsi can? Its 2-1 so you either get 2 or 4 if you want the discounts.
-
Questions for Dave Wilder
How do you balance signability, cost, and player potential when deciding who to draft with your top picks? Also do you think not having any supplemental or 2nd round picks will help you in signing difficult signs such as Jordan Danks? Mike Michigan City, IN
-
My newest Ebay purchase
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1
-
Kotex Boy
QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 01:36 PM) I just sent this to Kotex boy Chances of getting a reply? It'll be a snarky simplistic two sentance reply implying what an idiot you are.
-
Bears or Sox? Which gets you more juiced
Thinking about the Bears is depressing.
-
Lance Broadway signs
QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 01:25 PM) He's already logged 110+ innings this year. I'm willing to bet the Sox will be very careful with him and limit his innings pitched in fear of overworking him. And Kenny Williams has public stated this.
-
MVP Baseball 2005
soooo is anybody about to trade in MVP who would be willing to sell it off?
-
SoxTalk Useless Trivia Game
QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 12:10 PM) I taught AP bio, Junior. OH ITS ALREADY BEEN BRUNG!!!
-
Scientologies little brother
QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 12:48 PM) Wow, for this guy to top the crackpot list even above Alex Chiu and Jack Chick... most impressive. http://www.insolitology.com/topten/index.htm I am surprised the guy who claimed to be from the future and came back for an old IBM computer part wasn't on there.
-
Jackson Verdict is in...
QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 12:45 PM) And to think Steff, I'm gonna have to sit next to him in a few days Just a word of advice, if you calls you a "PYT", kick him in the nuts as hard as you can and RUN!!!!
-
6/14/05 Game Thread
Hopefully they have Vazquez refusing to play for the Sox in the back of their heads, and take it out on him.