Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 08:34 PM) I'd love Donyell back in Chicago. He was a good presence when here and is a solid player for what he does. And qwerty...get Gasol without giving any of the nucleus (Curry could be a part of it) and I'm definately down with it. Gasol would be an incredible scoring replacement for Eddy. We still could use Tyson, AD, and Harrington for bench and rebounding.
  2. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 08:35 PM) At least he played his ass off, but god is he the whiniest baby. Jalen is an incredible talent, but has no idea of the team concept. There is a reason he has never won anything at the NBA level.
  3. QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 02:49 PM) The Bulls are 1-5 without Curry. Realize that was also with Hinrich hurt, and Deng out. You can't isolate that and say it is JUST Eddy.
  4. QUOTE(qwerty @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 08:31 PM) What the fish? They were up by twenty something at the start of the fourth. I think they should be allowed to put some scrubs in there to finish off the game. Donyell also has interest in coming back which is awesome. Rose guaraunteed a win today. Four letters for Jalen. STFU
  5. QUOTE(JimH @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 08:11 PM) Actually no, his remarks were more in the context of the Sox are trying to figure out what they can do with Borchard. DJ and Melton discussed Borchard today, and said he is doing quite a bit better, and sometimes a player who is roadblocked in one organization needs to be moved to another to get a chance. I wonder if they know something. Melton said the Sox have been patient with Borchard and it was his personal opinion that he'd like to see Borchard turn the corner in the White Sox organization. I think it's simple ... either they get a good trade offer for him, or he goes to Charlotte. I think we have to realize that a trade can be a good thing for a player. As much of a trooper as Joe has been, I honestly believe the Sox would look to give him an opportunity to succeed. In reality, he has no chance of ever being a starter for this team. They have too many OFer and top notch prospects, and they don't have the ABs to give him anymore.
  6. With the day off between the first and second game, along with the RHP depth in the pen, this should be a nonissue.
  7. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 09:09 AM) I think Adkins and Borchard are the next cuts. I think we are 2 years away from seeing Anderson and Sweeney, but I think they will come up at the same time. Valdez isn't going to be too far behind either.
  8. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 08:19 PM) Chandler with a HUGE offensive board and putback. And Qwerty, without Curry the Bulls wouldn't be a playoff team. I could say that about a few guys on the Bulls and he's one of them. ZERO low post presence without him. Curry's offense is replaceable, much cheaper than what he will get in the offseason. If Eddy played hard for 40 minutes a night, no one would b****. That's all we really want from Curry. That is why he still spends the 4th quarter on the bench in his 3rd year in the NBA.
  9. QUOTE(qwerty @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 08:11 PM) Why does matt bonner abuse eddy curry? Why does [insert name here] abuse Eddy Curry?
  10. I think Blalock >>>Pedro, but I don't see it as vetoable. Its not like Pedro for Crede or something.
  11. QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 07:25 PM) I considered going, but Opening Day weather has been SO s***ty the past few years that I talked myself out of it, and onto the sofa-recliner. I hope for your sake that the weather's nice this year, but I'll be enjoying the action from the best seat in my house. The very initial long term forcasts are actually predicting a warm up starting towards the middle to end of next week. My fingers are crossed.
  12. QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 07:52 PM) It sure seems like it to me. He is turning into Maggs Part 2. Does anyone think Marte actually hit Carlos intentionally? All I've heard all spring is how they want Marte to go inside on righties so he doesn't struggle with them like he did last season. As a result, occasionally he is going to hit some batters. I saw the pitch and then the rest of Marte's inning and I have no doubt that Damaso hit Lee on purpose. That pitch was a fastball that was obvious and as straight as an arrow. Usually Dams pitches have a sweeping action to them, as did every pitch he threw the rest of the inning. That pitch was dead straight. He meant to hit him, and you could tell from his lack of remorse, quickly followed by definance.
  13. QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 05:47 PM) The backdrops in domes are real weird because they are football stadiums. It's a ton different because there is a ton of open area between the rim and the seats, not like most stadiums teams play at all year. I'm sure there's a more detailed explanation, but that's the main thing that is different about domes. It's not the actual dome part that affects it. Its all about depth perception. Because the backrounds are so much farther away in domes, the feeling of distance becomes different.
  14. I'm gonna say we need at least 10 to draft a league. If we don't have more than that, it isn't worth it.
  15. QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 07:06 PM) As I've been saying for a LONG time, that is NOT a nice, squeaky clean area. There's a ton of shady-looking people wandering the streets around there late at night. The violence and crime has nothing to do with the Cubs, but the propaganda machine would make you think that area is perfectly safe and family-friendly, and it's just not that way at all. And all you have to do is look at crime rates to know that.
  16. Major life change, even good ones, are well known as stressors. Job change, babies, marriage, etc are all stressful events even when they are for the better.
  17. southsider2k5 replied to Palehosefan's topic in SLaM
    Don't let them in your house. They have no right to expose your kids to something like that. They are also going to have one hell of a spoiled brat on their hands if they aren't going to make her take her medicine, it is only going to get worse.
  18. QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 05:10 PM) I don't know why him having another "life" doesn't bother me like it does others.. I guess because if this was me I would not want Jim stopping his life for me if he was told by several doctors that there was no hope and after 7 years I did not improve. I'd want him to have someone to turn to for comfort. You guys are human.. and with that is the need for companionship. I don't think it makes his decision easier.. I think it makes it more tolerable. Especially since it has been widely reported that her parents are the ones who encouraged him to go out and start seeing other people, even going so far as to set him up with other people.
  19. I switched to Saturday at 12:30 pm CST. All weekend it basically open, but I avoided Sunday because of Easter. I figure most people would rather watch or be at the Illinois game, sorry if this hurts anyone.
  20. s*** I didn't even realize that. Let me look at new draft times.
  21. southsider2k5 replied to sec159row2's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(T R U @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 12:54 PM) it was a racial slur if you took it that way, but refering to the previous post that was talking bout ghetto girls it went right along.. If the thread wasnt in a joking manner and I was just being hateful about it yeah I can see that but like I said, just delete my post.. I dont appreciate you editing what I said.. If you felt it was inappropriet and not tolerated, then just delete the whole thing.. Thats all I am asking.. That is actually standard operating procedure. Unless a post is wholy inflamatory, a mod will just edit out the single offending part. That is the way we have always handled these situations, and we will continue to operate in this manner. Both Aboz and QP did exactly what the mods and admins have decided as a group to do in these situations, and all of the admins/mods approve of this.
  22. southsider2k5 replied to sec159row2's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 01:23 PM) and 18 year olds cant/dont look at porn? Just because they do on their own doesn't mean we condone it. It is actually illegal to provide pornographic materials to kids under 18, and by leaving those kind of posts up on the site, that would indirectly involve Soxtalk in an illegal activity. We don't ask for a lot from you all. We don't allow nudity, personal attacks, and anything discriminatory. After that, pretty much anything goes. And I think if you look around the net, we are pretty liberal for what we do allow. The vast majority of sites, especially baseball message boards, don't allow you near the leeway that we do.
  23. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 12:34 AM) Oh god...that takes me back. Where's Murcie' when you need him. Murcies Love Shack!!!!
  24. When Manchester College made the Division 3 Final Four in basketball, it was in Buffalo NY. And you are right, Buffalo reminded me of a big Detroit. I also was through there on the way to Niagra. Lets just say Buffalo isn't on my return visits list.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.