Everything posted by Harry Chappas
-
Illinois High School Football Thread
Your Crusaders could lose in rounds 1,2, 3 or 5. They could win in all 5 rounds as well. I think if they make it to semifinals they should be a big favorite that game.
-
Illinois High School Football Thread
I believe it is Saturday at 1:30
-
24-25 NFL Thread
They went cheap and stayed on the cheap. Poles and Warren want to be the face of the organization and you can't be that with a legitimate head coach.
-
24-25 NFL Thread
Can someone explain the need for a spy on that last play. Also Sweat not on the field. Bears stopped playing thst simple.
-
Managerial “Search”
Hiring Phil Nevin is going to be such a White Sox thing. Venable checks every box which means he is to good for this organization and will scare them off. TLR is an awful front office guy. Another guy where sadly we need his health to drive him out of keeping our fandom in the gutter.
-
Illinois High School Football Thread
LWE may have to travel to Loyola in week 2 of playoffs. Greg in those standings BR should be above Fenwick and Joliet Catholic. MC is 4-1 v top 15 teams and in the 4 wins they were not close. Libertyville and Downers Grove North should both be ranked as should Naperville Central. Way too many smaller catholic schools. Greg Brother Rice is building a new baseball complex and had some nice things renovated when I was last there. Still a lot of work to do but they seem to be making improvements. For about 25 years they did nothing to improve the look. Enrollment is around 700 which for a single gender catholic school is great. I don't mean to sound like a dick but even at that number you would not make the team. I had 2000 kids as well. 150 tried out for baseball. Cliff Petrak told me to not come back for third base or OF tryouts after seeing me try out for first.
-
Illinois High School Football Thread
I will say this about them but you would know better being in the program for a few years. They are very young. The seniors they count on are mostly area couple transfers except for the MLB. Without the transfers they are not as good this year but they will be better moving forward. The three losses were against good teams and they know they should have played better. They caught some breaks on schedule and other teams injuries.
-
Jerry Reinsdorf open to selling the White Sox per Britt Ghiroli
I'm talking as far as wealth not as competent individuals.
-
Jerry Reinsdorf open to selling the White Sox per Britt Ghiroli
Agree 100% I flipped on Dodgers and Mets last evening and realized I don't like either. With Kansas City, Baltimore, Milwaukee and San Diego out I really do not care to watch the playoffs. Yankees v is a waste of time for me.
-
Jerry Reinsdorf open to selling the White Sox per Britt Ghiroli
Sell 49% of the team and turn those funds into a new stadium. Sell for $1B. Invest $1B into the new stadium. In my head this makes sense but not certain if this is how taxes work in this case. Take on $1B in debt for a new stadium. Sell $1B stake in franchise, pay off debt. I really don't think he sells. When he dies same as McCaskey and these old family owned sports entities.
-
Jerry Reinsdorf open to selling the White Sox per Britt Ghiroli
Or illinois Walton's family....Pritzker
-
Jerry Reinsdorf open to selling the White Sox per Britt Ghiroli
That's my stance and I would say though that I am probably almost as much a Brewer fan now as I am White Sox fan.
-
CHSN to be available on antenna in Chicago
I did nothing and get it but I have Direct Stream. I watched the Charlotte Knights game the other day that's what CSN should have been doing. Only thing I have watched on the channel. If OTA works decent enough I will be saving the fee and bid adieu to Marquee.
-
24-25 NFL Thread
The first quarter on both sides of the ball is odd compared to the other three quarters. O line seems to be holding its own but Minnesota is going to be something as Flores is amazing and creating havoc. I'm not concerned with the playoffs as it's just nice to have a competent QB. The NFC Norris could have the 4 best teams in the NFC by the end of the year. Fields is doing Fields things in Pittsburgh which is nice for him but shows that he is what he is.
-
The trade ideas begin! Robert for Holliday ++
I can understand they were stuck with him last year but bringing him back is where the issues lies and shows Getz isn't very good at his job.
-
2025-2026 NHL Threadard
When did Utah get an NHL team? Is that Arizona?
-
RIP Harry Chappas
I'm all good. When I saw the post I thought I did something to get banned from the site.
-
Illinois High School Football Thread
MC will be telling as they have the talent to compete with anyone but can't seem to pull out wins or avoid huge plays on defense. If they get in at 5-4 or 4-5 they will need to rely on seeding luck as MC, Libertyville, DGN and Hersey are really good and may all be in 7A. MC could be the worse of the 4 I mentioned. There is some great QB play in IL this year.
-
CHSN to be available on antenna in Chicago
Wirtz family isn't all that much more successful at running sports franchises then Reinsdorf. Great business folks outside of sports.
-
CHSN to be available on antenna in Chicago
If the station launched today there should be content today. My guess is the production and content on this station is as bad and cheap as CSN. A pre and post and then infomercials/poker/useless content unrelated to the three teams for the other 18 hours. The Marquee network has awesome content for cub fans and this new station has three teams to provide content.
-
Fangraphs Article About Managerial Candidates
Pay Francona what he wants and hopefully he hands it off to Sizemore or Santos.
-
What are you looking forward to this off season
Having a little bit of actual interest in the team. At this point I wouldn't consider myself a fan but am just checking in on things until I regain interest.
-
2024: AL Central Thread
Personally I think innings should be in over strikeouts and maybe he won that too.
-
NL Wildcard- Braves/Mets/Dbacks
Works our great for Padres and Brewers. Brewers get the winner of game 2 I believe and they will have to use all of their bullets today. I really want the Brewers to win asi want to go see a game on the weekend up there. I may go Wednesday.
-
9/26 Sox vs. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim 1:10PM - final home game
The frustrating thing is that while this team is awful the starting pitching was good enough to not have this be a record breaking year. Grifol and Getz are awful and possibly the worst ever but there was enough talent to win 60