Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Harry Chappas

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Harry Chappas

  1. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 05:25 PM) You're kidding...that's wonderful news. And 1 day after the talks supposedly exploded underneath them. Man, what the Hell happened today? Sounded like JR and Skiles got it done. Funny how this whole thing worked. I wonder what f***nuts Mariotti is going to write about now that both coaches got long-term deals.
  2. QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 10:45 PM) I just wanted to add Garcia did indeed come to the rescue. 103 pitches over 8IP. With a 9-3 lead into the 9th Ozzie could go the least used Shingo. The rest of the bullpen all got a rest tonight. I was a big fan of the Garcia trade. Everything I saw in his numbers told me he was perfect for this team. He's proving that this year. The difference between winning & losing the division is the road record. I proved that in looking at the team from 1999-2004. The home records were very similar but in 2000 the road record was the difference. Garcia has always had solid road numbers. I know I write a lot but I also type very fast so abbreviations come to mind right away. It looks like I spend a lot of time formulating a post but I really don't. I spend more time looking up the stats to support it but even then I'm pretty fast in doing so. My mind is so deeply entrenched in computer science that it's no wonder my posts reflect that kind of discipline. As an example with this team RON (runners on) has become so entrenched in my posts that it comes as 2nd nature to me now. RON http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/teams/battin...=2&type=reg RISP http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/teams/battin...Type=2&type=reg I can't really explain why we are .713OPS team in RISP but a .771 team in RON. But I do think it means the best is yet to come. I neglect typo's as well as buffer overruns as well. Sorry about that. Just keep doin what your doin, we'll all figure it out eventually. Actually your posts have lead to a new way to discuss the game. 15 pitches into an inning with a reliever I now look for the hitter to be more selective as the pitcher has begun to tire.
  3. Didn't the Metra stop recently gain approval. This would make this park as easily accessible as possible.
  4. My feeling, he will be in there if Konerko doesn't lite up Kennedy.
  5. A side note...does anyone else kind of think that Coors field isn't the kind of park that goes well with a struggling Shingo? When SHingo is going good he is perfect for Coors (strikouts and gounders). The reason I think you will see him a lot in the next two weeks is these guys have never seen him and therefore he has the upper hand. The lite air is a problem on his breaking stuff though. The thing with him is he had success last year as well as in Japan. After watching Tadahito all season I have a new found respect for the way the game is played over there, didn't it seem he felt he needed to make it up to his teamates when he did something stupid. I think Shingo needs the work, not against two of the toughest lefties and the hottest team in basball, regardless of the situation. Over-all I think this is another example of the Sox giving up on someone. He is better than Vizcaino and two weeks ago was above Cotts. Again I think he will pitch a-lot over the next two weeks. I also think warmer weather is what he needs.
  6. QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 07:52 AM) I don't care either way. What is thought the Everett / Thomas trade is fluff and Konerko could be moved? He has gotten to the point of uselessness and they stuck with him in 2003 for to long and he was a major reason we fell short and looks the same again this year. Is he the leader/clubhouse presence that we are lead to believe??? Could Thomas be rushed to first??
  7. Timo is good friends with our starting shortstop, that goes a very long way. Harris is not liked in the clubhouse.
  8. I think this is a different Jason Davis.
  9. QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 09:38 AM) Scouts and other baseball people think the Angels might have recalled first baseman Casey Kotchman to showcase him for potential trades. The player the Angels are most interested in acquiring is the Kansas City Royals' Mike Sweeney, and the Royals could use Kotchman at first base for years at a bargain-basement price. I could really see this happening. It'll cost them Ervin Santana
  10. QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 08:49 AM) No he's lying, but an unsubstantiated rumor which even the writer referred to it as, is gospel. Get over it people. Eric Chavez isn't coming to the White Sox. Get over what? We can still hope. KW pulled off Wells, Garcia, and Alomar/Everett I. He gets what he needs.
  11. My take is that there will be some home town discounts for Konerko and Thomas. You need big bats in the AL and I see each of them signing real affordable contracts. I think both are married to Chicago girls (Konerko actually Bridgepport) and live in the city, I believe this is why they will stay. As a matter of fact I think they will signed earlier to get an idea of what if any salary can be brought on for this year and years to come. Thomas - Chavez - Konerko for the next three years has a ring to it. You can surround them with your pitching and defense.
  12. It took me all god damn morning to read this and I have gone back and forth. The Terry v. Steff item added a little spice but here are my two cents. Hermanson in the 7th, let him work the rust off with the off day today he could go two if not three innings if he is on. If he does his job, 2 scoreless, here is a prime place for Shingo to get confidence back. I believe warmer weather is what Shingo needs to get in a groove not pitching once a week against the hottest lefties in baseball (first bad Ozzie move of the week). If Hermanson gives up the lead it is still Shingo time. I think it would've been easier to explain this away then where we currently are. Oh and how does Shingo fare against Cleveland??? The easist roster move for Gload, Ozuna goes down. I totally disagree with this but there is no friendship bond (Uribe-Timo, Shingo- Tadihito,) don't write this off as easily as these guys are professionals. Ozuna has played very little in the last month and this one causes little waves. He should've been at first, remember he saved a game there and we would've won last night I believe if he was out there. Harris and Timo have added enought to save themselves. Uribe needs a day more than anyone. Worst Ozzie move of the week. Uribe allowed to hit instead of Konerko. Should the game have been tied in the 9th. Timo to left, Ozuna to short, Konerko to first. This is where Konerko could have used the confidence. Oh well.
  13. Think Oliver Prerez will beat us 1-0
  14. QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 06:17 AM) Frank self-admittedly tweeked his hip flexor because "he got excited and ran too fast" Think about that for a second. Frank ran too fast. Look out Paul Konerko. Yeah I don't think there is any doubt that if he pulled something from running too fast, he came back too soon. Frank with a broken foot was still faster than Paul and AJ.
  15. There was cash involved, I would venture to say it was a-lot. The entire salary for Hawkins and then some which is why they got a couple of guys with potential.
  16. QUOTE(GASHWOUND @ May 30, 2005 -> 08:48 PM) We're gonna have to cause I just looked at a stretch we have in the dog days of August starting on the 8th.. @NY @NY @NY, @BOS @BOS @BOS, MIN, MIN, MIN, NY, NY, NY, @MIN @MIN @MIN Uhh, we're gonna need some cushion before we start that stretch.. :headshake What are the Twins, Bos and NYY doing when they are not playing the White Sox? The Twins have nto faced these teams either and if they are playing one another in this mix, it is tough for all four teams.
  17. Frank Thomas scored a run today. What Joe Crede and Paul Konerko did was down right embarassing.
  18. Harry Chappas posted a topic in Pale Hose Talk
    We may miss the Gambler again barring a rain-out.
  19. Then why did he play Saturday???
  20. I get the feeling that if it is BMac and Crede it is Chavez and a ML ready or already in ML pitching prospect. My thought is that McCarthy is up here to get an idea of what he is made of. Is he Felix Diaz or a ML starter? This is not only for the Sox to see if they need someone later or for another team to see for trade value. Due to the contract status of Chavez, I think he is at his lowest trade value right now. Is there the question for every player whose performance has slipped (steroids)? with him. Is BB ready to rid himself of the contract and will take Crede and Tracy? Are Chavez and Haren (not Harden) enough for Crede and McCarthy? I do not think Haren is lighting it up, he is more of an example, maybe Cruz???? Who is the dude with the funky curve, the guy that hit Crede but didn't really hit him. I think if McCarthy is dealt it will be for a proven young middle/end of the rotation guy. Here is something think simply from the money side, Harden/Chavez---McCarthy/Crede/Anderson. Is this a total cub trade? Think of the money again.
  21. Let's F'ing go for it and get Wagner and Polanco.
  22. I think Crede and Uribe are getting a bit tired, we have had one day off in May and are playing tough teams. Next off day is a week from Wednesday. Why has this guy not played? If it is the injury from Oakland, DL him already? Any clue, I thought he was doing well wherever they put him.
  23. QUOTE(Soxbadger @ May 23, 2005 -> 02:52 PM) I agree with Chisoxfn, Its f***ing bush league of Uribe, and it should be below a team who is in 1st place with the best record in the league. We do not need to play this way to win. If we were in the Cubs position, than maybe I would have a different opinion. But when you are winning, you win the right way. And when you are losing, you do what it takes to win. ::shrugs:: Karma is a b****, and if this is the way the White Sox are going to try and win championships, I doubt we'll hang many banners. Kind of like when A-Rod tried to knock the ball out of the Red Sox players glove... I guess winning with class is a thing of the past. SB If what Uribe did could be compared to A-Rod, Lee would've been awarded home.
  24. I think Uribe is more of a "headier" player now than I did yesterday. This moved worked. Lee didn't slide he didn't put his arms around him and hold on and say, hey Derek foul ball stop running. For all we know he didn't say anything. This is the game of baseball. Buck Showalter walking across the mound on Garland, Lou Pinella talking to the runner on first in an obvious steal situation, these are little things that cost a team a game and can win games. This how the twins play. I like this play, yelling foul may be wrong but again did anyone ask Uribe? Raising your arms to indicate foul is fine, Lee should look at Spier not Uribe. Case closed.
  25. How about the Twins, Jacque Jones and the steroid fellow for Hawkins, Patterson or Dubois and cash???????

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.