James shields drawing some buzz

Whisox05

Would be nice to get something back to the equivalent of Tatis Jr. Not sure what he'll be in the end because he's very very young still. I'm not sure what Shields' value is considering his just recent streak of decent outings and contact going forward.

Would be crazy if they dealt all four starters (Sale, Q, Shields and Gonzalez). The rotation would be ass but we'd have a completely overhauled farm system and maybe some young potential TOR arms to go along with Rodon, Fulmer.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 05:09 PM)
Would be nice to get something back to the equivalent of Tatis Jr. Not sure what he'll be in the end because he's very very young still. I'm not sure what Shields' value is considering his just recent streak of decent outings and contact going forward.

Would be crazy if they dealt all four starters (Sale, Q, Shields and Gonzalez). The rotation would be ass but we'd have a completely overhauled farm system and maybe some young potential TOR arms to go along with Rodon, Fulmer.

If they trade the rotation, I'd expect Melky, Eaton and Frazier all dealt.

Also, aim higher for something like Tatis Jr.

That's a name no one but FS guys would know of if not for his inclusion in the deal.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 05:23 PM)

That's a name no one but FS guys would know of if not for his inclusion in the deal.

If they trade the rotation, they may need Melky, Eaton and Frazier to pitch.

Really, if they trade the rotation...................................................

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 03:23 PM)

Right but I was merely throwing a name out there because we had to give him up along with Erik Johnson. I don't even know Shields value. Lottery ticket guys?

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 02:15 PM)
Absolutely don't give him away; nor Gonzalez.

But if teams offer a premium, trade him.

That said, if the Sox do move Sale, I'd be inclined to keep them to preclude more rush ups. I'd rather see Beck than a rush up.

This is the way to go. Only trade if you get something of value.

James Shields is available via trade, sources say, and #WhiteSox could capitalize on spike in value: 1.71 ERA over last six starts. @MLB

https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/758317066952712192

Shields a fascinating trade candidate: Per reports, #WhiteSox responsible for $22M after this year. Manageable sum to move. @MLB

https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/758317505106489344

That said, if the Sox do move Sale, I'd be inclined to keep them to preclude more rush ups. I'd rather see Beck than a rush up.

If Sale is traded, burn it all down. Give me Beck. If you're going to bad, you go mega bad. Get the prospects. Next year is a whatever year-- and see you in 2018

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 10:15 AM)
James Shields is available via trade, sources say, and #WhiteSox could capitalize on spike in value: 1.71 ERA over last six starts. @MLB

https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/758317066952712192

Shields a fascinating trade candidate: Per reports, #WhiteSox responsible for $22M after this year. Manageable sum to move. @MLB

https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/758317505106489344

Would be amazing to get better value for him than what we gave up.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 10:17 AM)
If Sale is traded, burn it all down. Give me Beck. If you're going to bad, you go mega bad. Get the prospects. Next year is a whatever year-- and see you in 2018

If you go mega bad it's see you in 2020.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 10:27 AM)
Realistically what kind of return would he fetch even with the pitching market sky high right now? I just don't see it being worth it unless Ranaudo or Fulmer can step in right now.

Bring on Volstad and Turner, keep Fulmer in the pen to keep his innings down and let him work on things in game situations more often. If you are dumping anybody out of the rotation it means you are not competing anyway.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 12:06 PM)
He wouldn't be opting out of $9m/year though, he'd be opting out of $22m/year.

He would arguably be the top FA pitcher this offseason though if he finishes out the season strong. Could lock up similar money to what he's making now for longer than just the next 2 years.

QUOTE (kevo880 @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 01:11 PM)
He would arguably be the top FA pitcher this offseason though if he finishes out the season strong. Could lock up similar money to what he's making now for longer than just the next 2 years.

He'll be 35 next season, no chance, especially if he doesn't significantly improve his peripherals.

QUOTE (kevo880 @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 01:11 PM)

He's guaranteed $44 million over the next 2 years. Nobody is going to come close to that.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 05:26 PM)
whitesoxdave makes it sound like the Sox could possibly move Shields. I'd be ok with that.

Look back at the last couple pages. We all know "the Sox could possibly move Shields." Lol this is the thread for it.

Edited by soxfan2014