NLCS: Cubs vs Dodgers

Panerista

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 17, 2016 -> 11:06 AM)
Scott is a good guy and sucks this happened. But also a reason I would never trust a scalper at a big game like that.

https://theathletic.com/22249/2016/10/17/ho...-2-of-the-nlcs/

The morning of Game 1 of the 2005 ALDS, I got a phone call from a buddy. His sister's boyfriend had gotten two free tickets to the game but they couldn't go because it was a day game and they had to work. I happily took the tickets, and my Dad and I left work and headed down to the Cell. We park in the lot, head to the gate, hand them the tickets, and we are told there is something wrong. They sent us to the main box office. Once there, we were told that the tickets had been stolen from someone's mailbox. Oh boy. At that point, we didn't really trust a scalper so we went back to the car and drove home. I'll tell you it's very awkward when you are trying to drive through a parking lot full of people tailgating before a game, because everyone wonders why the hell you are leaving. Luckily, I already had bought tickets to game 2, so at least I got to see that game. I never found out how the boyfriend had gotten to the tickets, and they didn't date much longer.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 17, 2016 -> 11:06 AM)
Scott is a good guy and sucks this happened. But also a reason I would never trust a scalper at a big game like that.

https://theathletic.com/22249/2016/10/17/ho...-2-of-the-nlcs/

That's too bad. Last year I went to see Rush at the UC. My brother was in town and wanted really good seats. Stubhub was ridiculous, there were some pricey deals on Craiglist for tickets up front. I contacted a couple of people and told them we would pay them an extra $100 per ticket if they put the tickets on Stubhub. They wouldn't do it, so obviously phony. Wound up waiting Stubhub out and got 2nd row dead center for my final Rush show.

But everyone needs to be careful. Scammers are everywhere. Stubhub has a guarantee.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 18, 2016 -> 07:43 AM)
The Cubs' fans have gone dormant...

Hill, Urias, Kershaw the next three games.

Did they change game 5 to Kershaw as of last night? Report I read this morning says that due to the extra workload they were not going to run Kershaw out in game 5 on short rest and that Maeda was slated for that game.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 18, 2016 -> 08:30 AM)
Did they change game 5 to Kershaw as of last night? Report I read this morning says that due to the extra workload they were not going to run Kershaw out in game 5 on short rest and that Maeda was slated for that game.

I think everyone just assumes it will be Kershaw on short rest because he's Kershaw and then he might be available for game 7. But as of right now, you are right, it is Maeda.

It is Game 5 that provides the most intrigue for the Dodgers. Manager Dave Roberts listed Kenta Maeda as his starter. But he mentioned an important caveat

“As the series moves on, you always have to be open to adjusting,” Roberts said. “But as it stands right now, that’s how we have it lined up.”

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 18, 2016 -> 09:13 AM)
I think everyone just assumes it will be Kershaw on short rest because he's Kershaw and then he might be available for game 7. But as of right now, you are right, it is Maeda.

I'd imagine they'll probably put it in Kershaw's hands if they're facing elimination, but if it's a 2-2 series I'm not sure. My instinct would be to rest him and give him game 6 to either close it out or to force game 7.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Oct 18, 2016 -> 12:09 PM)
There's a big difference between "having fun" and "being a total ass to everyone", IMO.

I don't mind an occasional roast but they do it so often for a professional team.

That account and Frank are clearly having fun with this, I don't see why anyone would ever have a problem with this. If it wasn't the Cubs, you wouldn't care if we're being honest.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 18, 2016 -> 12:12 PM)
That account and Frank are clearly having fun with this, I don't see why anyone would ever have a problem with this. If it wasn't the Cubs, you wouldn't care if we're being honest.

Bingo