World Series: Indians vs. Cubs

LittleHurt05

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 27, 2016 -> 04:33 PM)
Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi 15m15 minutes ago

Kyle Schwarber not cleared to play outfield, after doctors reviewed situation. "Just too much risk," Theo Epstein said.

Thats too bad. Watching him attempting to catch the ball when he is healthy is comedy. Just imagine the in the park homers that he is saving by not playing the field.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 27, 2016 -> 08:07 PM)
I keep seeing this, but ratings for all pro sports are way down in the last decade.

Yes, but this is just local and it is the Cubs. You know all those Cubs fans who never even think about the White Sox.

Edited by Dick Allen

My dad was a little kid in 1945, and his cousin had just returned from the war and was visiting. His cousin took him to the WS at Wrigley. The bought tickets at the box office the day of the game.

My dad has the trifecta, attended WS games at Wrigley, Comiskey, and USCF. I wonder how many people can say that right now.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 07:57 AM)
My dad was a little kid in 1945, and his cousin had just returned from the war and was visiting. His cousin took him to the WS at Wrigley. The bought tickets at the box office the day of the game.

My dad has the trifecta, attended WS games at Wrigley, Comiskey, and USCF. I wonder how many people can say that right now.

WOW. Not many at all I would imagine.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 27, 2016 -> 02:40 PM)
Gusts up to 40 mph blowing out tomorrow. They should just start Otero tomorrow with his sinker.

Winds still forecast in the 25-35 mph range blowing out. Over/under holding steady at 8. What am I missing here? In the regular season, it would be at least 10 no matter who is on the mound.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 09:07 AM)
Winds still forecast in the 25-35 mph range blowing out. Over/under holding steady at 8. What am I missing here? In the regular season, it would be at least 10 no matter who is on the mound.

My guess is Hendricks and the prospect of the Indians' bullpen (Miller), since he's had 3 days rest.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 11:20 AM)
My guess is Hendricks and the prospect of the Indians' bullpen (Miller), since he's had 3 days rest.

Those are good points, probably why I don't really gamble anymore. :P

A classic 12-10 Wrigley game in the World Series would be pretty funny though.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 11:45 AM)
Those are good points, probably why I don't really gamble anymore. :P

A classic 12-10 Wrigley game in the World Series would be pretty funny though.

Apparently Tomlin has been throwing more curveballs recently too (over 40% against the Jays) and the Cubs aren't very good against them. With that said, I'm still seriously considering taking Cubs - 2.5 +180

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 11:54 AM)
Don't think I've ever seen a o/u of 10 in baseball but I do think over is play tonight. That said don't think wind affects Hendricks too much.

Every game at Coors Field is in the 10.5-11.5 range, and the occasional Wrigley wind blowing out game. But yeah, those are the only outliers.