World Series: Indians vs. Cubs

LittleHurt05

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 11:22 PM)
I never heard of that site until today. It says Cleveland in 7 right?

It is Cbs sports lol

It predicted 1-0 Cleveland wins, Cleveland with 6 hits and Cubs with 4. Almost perfect

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 10:15 PM)
Made my biggest profit betting ever tonight on sports. +190 for a world series team is bats*** insane. This is one of the few times ever the idiot public can overcome what the book takes vs a bet

I don't understand how sports betting works, if I put down $100 I'd walk away with $190?

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 11:15 PM)
Made my biggest profit betting ever tonight on sports. +190 for a world series team is bats*** insane. This is one of the few times ever the idiot public can overcome what the book takes vs a bet

Nice B/W

we're both winners tonight because I took the indians too!

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 11:47 PM)
Damn, only winning $900 on a 1K bet seems low. I feel like you should at least double up on the money you put down

I almost won 2-1 on my money. I bet $1,000 and won $1,900. You get what you wagered plus the earnings back.

Edited by pettie4sox

Have yourselves a day Cleveland! I was torn as to who I would even root for during this series, originally opting for "no one".... however, after about... ohhhh... the first pitch of game one... it became clear right away that I didn't want to Cubs to win. Badly. 😆

QUOTE (hi8is @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 12:46 AM)
Have yourselves a day Cleveland! I was torn as to who I would even root for during this series, originally opting for "no one".... however, after about... ohhhh... the first pitch of game one... it became clear right away that I didn't want to Cubs to win. Badly. 😆

Exactly!

I agonized endlessly at an intellectual level, finally settling on (a) not actively rooting against the Cubs, and (b) focusing on the joy that the many Cubs fan relatives and friends in my life would receive if the previously unthinkable should occur (after all, we won that Sox vs Cubs bragging right race in 2005).

But it took one pitch, one shot of a Cubs fan whooping it up, to remind me that intellectual analysis means nothing when you're talking "fandom." I can't stand the Cubs, their overall fan-base, and the thought of them winning makes me ill at a visceral level. It really does.

Go Tribe, Go.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 04:55 AM)
Also crazy how the only wind-aided ball was the one Chisenhall couldn't handle against Soler.

Especially with Tomlin giving up 26 homers in less than a full season of starts.

I thought that was the game. I do realize the Cubs had to knock him in from third, however. I thought that botched play would be huge. Cleveland has a good team and a good manager. Still think talent will prevail and Cubs have more talent.