• Atlanta Braves
    • New York Yankees
    • Houston Astros
    • Chicago Cubs
    • Pittsburgh Pirates
    • Texas Rangers
    • A team not listed, please post it
    • Chris Sale is a White Sox on opening day

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Nov 17, 2016 -> 07:25 PM)
BTW, totally changed my initial feeling of the Dodgers, and went Yankees because of the McCann trade. I feel like they are trying to replenish their system a little before trading off pieces for Sale.

I could see them signing EE and Chapman and trading for Sale. That would put them in decent shape for next year.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Nov 18, 2016 -> 12:20 AM)
Yay.....another Sale thread to keep up with. But i'll bite.

Sale, Frazier, and Jones to Yankees for.... (mlb.com rankings)

#1 OF Clint Frazier

#2 SS Gleyber Torres

#5 OF Blake Rutherford

#8 SP Domingo Acevedo

#9 SP James Kaprielian

#14 SP Chance Adams

No way you give up three good to great trade chips and not get Sanchez back

I wonder if the Sox are just waiting for the Dodgers to say the right thing. When it comes to moving Sale, the NL West is the best landing spot from a PR standpoint. Trading to an AL team that they face every year, or an East team that gets more attention would hurt a little more. Don't get me wrong, they should just get the best deal, but would you rather see Sale in a Red Sox uniform, or Quintana? Me? I want Sale on the Dodgers hopefully eliminating the Cubs in a playoff game.

QUOTE (flavum @ Nov 17, 2016 -> 06:56 PM)
I wonder if the Sox are just waiting for the Dodgers to say the right thing. When it comes to moving Sale, the NL West is the best landing spot from a PR standpoint. Trading to an AL team that they face every year, or an East team that gets more attention would hurt a little more. Don't get me wrong, they should just get the best deal, but would you rather see Sale in a Red Sox uniform, or Quintana? Me? I want Sale on the Dodgers hopefully eliminating the Cubs in a playoff game.

I highly doubt the Sox care about any of this. They just want the best return possible.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 17, 2016 -> 02:02 PM)
If you could even get them to trade Trea Turner - you are not getting more than that. Maybe some INTL prospects or A filler, but you are not getting more than that.

I agree, and I for one, am OK with that. I would do that deal right now for a couple of reasons.

Number one reason is the chance Sale will blow out his arm and be out for a year with Tommy John.

Second, I think Sale may still harbor some bad feelings toward management after the LaRoach fiasco and maybe even from before that.

And more that any of that, I think Turner along with Tim Anderson would be a legit core to build a roster from.

Edited by miracleon35th

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Nov 18, 2016 -> 01:06 AM)
I agree, and I for one, am OK with that. I would do that deal right now for a couple of reasons.

Number one reason is the chance Sale will blow out his arm and be out for a year with Tommy John.

Second, I think Sale may still harbor some bad feelings toward management after the LaRoach fiasco and maybe even from before that.

And more that any of that, I think Turner along with Tim Anderson would be a legit core to build a roster from.

Also to me Sale seemed to be showing some warning signs in terms of all the pitches he's thrown in his career. Some games he seemed to struggle to reach 93mph.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 17, 2016 -> 09:12 PM)
Also to me Sale seemed to be showing some warning signs in terms of all the pitches he's thrown in his career. Some games he seemed to struggle to reach 93mph.

10603_P_FT_20161002.png

I guess maybe there's a subtle, slight downward trend 15 to 16? But Fangraphs classifies him as having thrown a straight fastball in 2015 and then classifies everything he threw as a 2 seamer in 2016, so maybe not apples to apples?

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 17, 2016 -> 06:52 PM)
No way you give up three good to great trade chips and not get Sanchez back

If the Yankees had a 10% chance of trading Sanchez yesterday, they have a 0% chance of doing it now. They traded McCann to clear a path for Sanchez. The trade I threw out there involves 6 guys who immediately go in to our top 10, and Gleyber Torres who a scout yesterday said he is Javy Baez with plate discipline. That's a scary notion. He's batting like 380+ in the AFL right now, where most of our hitters are batting under .180. Yankees have an awesome amount of prospects to move after the Chapman/Miller/Beltran/McCann trades.

If the Astros are willing to give up Bregman, I think Sale ends up in Houston. They've already filled most of their holes without giving up any of their blue chippers. They also seem in desperate need of a legit ace.

I'd be absolutely ecstatic with a Bregman, Reed, Tucker, & Musgrove package, although it's probably a bit unrealistic.