Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Two-Gun Pete @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 11:46 PM)
Are you sure?

I thought that the stupid front office brought Rodon up before the service time cutoff in 2015.

I ask, because I can't find a link to conclusively state that it will be 5 rather than 4 years of control.

Baseball Reference, dawg. Player pages show service time. He has 5 years of control left. He was brought up in 2015 after the threshold for a year of service time by a few days, IIRC.

Edited by Ro Da Don

QUOTE (Dunt @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 11:34 PM)
Apparently the Nats increased their offer to Robles, Giolito, and Lopez this morning. Tough to turn that one down, that's a lot of faith in Moncada and Kopech turning into stars.

Or their way of saving face with the fans as the "also ran" in the competition, granted, the talent on the table was unprecedented.

Maybe part of it was the mess with Bryce Harper as well this week and how they they were likely to let him go to NYY.

Lopez's name was on that "untouchable" list earlier in the week for the third piece. And, as someone else noted...Moncada being much closer to the majors and THE impact position player probably was the deciding factor, along with Giolito's TJS. If Robles was a AA/AAA player and Moncada was still in the SALLY League, it might have changed the calculus a bit. And someone like Basabe with "plus" power theoretically projects to be a more important piece in USCF than a doubles/triples guy like Robles with 10-15 homer power.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Ro Da Don @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 11:51 PM)
Baseball Reference, dawg. Player pages show service time. He has 5 years of control left. He was brought up in 2015 after the threshold for a year of service time by a few days, IIRC.

Whew! That's a relief. I naturally assumed that the front office f***ed up another decision.

And yeah, BR is great, but the contracts section doesn't load on my cell phone.

Edited by Two-Gun Pete

QUOTE (Two-Gun Pete @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 11:53 PM)
Whew! That's a relief. I naturally assumed that the front office f***ed up another decision.

Click on 'Full' as in full profile and it shows service time as part of his profile info.

QUOTE (Ro Da Don @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 09:45 PM)
If rumors are true of teams offering 95% of what we got for Sale, probably Giolito + Robles and lesser back end pieces. Alternatively Giolito OR Robles with much better depth pieces. I'd pray for an AJ Reed/Kyle Tucker++ personally

I'd love this deal

If the sox view their window as '19 to be a dark horse and '20 to take the central; trading Q to the Colorado makes a lot of sense. A package headlined by Brendan Rodgers, Riley Pint and Raimel Tapia seems like a great jumping off point.

QUOTE (Two-Gun Pete @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 11:53 PM)

Cot's Baseball Contracts is much better...although maybe they're integrated now? Used to be stand-alone site, but if you enter CHICAGO WHITE SOX COT'S BASEBALL CONTRACTS, it will give you direct links to every team updated in real time, almost.

QUOTE (beautox @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 12:59 AM)
If the sox view their window as '19 to be a dark horse and '20 to take the central; trading Q to the Colorado makes a lot of sense. A package headlined by Brendan Rodgers, Riley Pint and Raimel Tapia seems like a great jumping off point.

Q to Washington makes more sense. Colorado will always be buying low on pitching. Always.

http://www.royalsreview.com/2016/12/6/1383.../blow-it-all-up

Looks like the Royals are going to make everyone available...theoretically...including Duffy, who would be a cheaper one-year rental alternative to Q.

Kind of crazy...if the Tigers deal Verlander, Kinsler and JD Martinez...could have essentially 4 rebuilding teams out of 5 in the AL Central, with the playoffs practically ceded to the Indians for at least the next two years despite their microscopic payroll.

Apologies if this has already been discussed in one of the other threads, but does anyone else think that RH used Sale to get a headliner for "his" farm system and that all of the other trades are going to focus primarily on depth all throughout the system?

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 03:10 AM)
Q to Washington makes more sense. Colorado will always be buying low on pitching. Always.

Yep, I think colorado is still feeling the sting from the Hampton signing and utter flop.

Agreed about Washington. Also think Houston and NYY have the bullets to pull off a trade for Q. Atlanta does but with the trade for Garcia and the Colon/Dickey signings, they seem to be buying time for their young pitching to develop. Read an article from late November that spoke about Pitt having interest but they don't strike me as the type to be in on Q due to how they value their prospects.

Edited by BlackSox13

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 04:09 PM)
Could you get Turner, Robles and Giolito for Eaton and Quintana?

Good thought because the Nats just lost out on Sale because they came up short (probably because they didn't include Turner). Also , they want McCutcheon, but Eaton had a far better year in 2016 and might be a better player for the Nats moving forward. So Quintana plus Eaton is a strong package for those three. Maybe I'd start with Q plus Melky.

I would love to have been there when Rizzo asked Hahn what he wanted for Q and Hahn said, "we still would want Turner in the deal."

QUOTE (PolishPrince34 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 06:13 AM)
Let's continue talks with Rizzo/Nationals regarding Quintana. Package of Robles, Giolito starting point again.

Hahn probably told the Nat's that he would accept their last Sale offer ( Lopez, Gio, Robles) for Q. Imho, Q's value went up when Sale came off the board.

Now that Sale has gone to Boston, I can't help but think that the Yanks make a hard push to catch the all elusive dragon they set free years ago. Boston and NYY love to play keeping up with the Jones's.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 04:55 AM)
http://www.royalsreview.com/2016/12/6/1383.../blow-it-all-up

Looks like the Royals are going to make everyone available...theoretically...including Duffy, who would be a cheaper one-year rental alternative to Q.

Kind of crazy...if the Tigers deal Verlander, Kinsler and JD Martinez...could have essentially 4 rebuilding teams out of 5 in the AL Central, with the playoffs practically ceded to the Indians for at least the next two years despite their microscopic payroll.

That speaks to the fallacy of the blow it up rebuild strategy moving forard. This is not like when the Cubs tanked a season and got Kris Bryant. Now there is no guarantee that you even get a top 10 pick in the Draft if you decide to rebuild.

Speaking about KC, I can't believe they are stupid enough to trade the best reliever in baseball (IMO) Wade Davis to the Cubs for Jorge Soler. LOL. Theo is cleaning their clock if they do that deal. Soler is a bad baseball player who is susceptible to injury, and he looks like his shoe laces are tied together when he goes after a fly ball. So Cubs are giving up nothing but salary to get Davis,. Unbelievable..

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 07:55 AM)
Rosenthals latest said Nats not interested in Q.

The Sox might match up with the Nats on a Robertson trade, but the Q market is looking leaner. Things could shift, obv, but who has been actively linked to Q and is still needs pitching? Houston? Yankees?

QUOTE (daggins @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 06:59 AM)
The Sox might match up with the Nats on a Robertson trade, but the Q market is looking leaner. Things could shift, obv, but who has been actively linked to Q and is still needs pitching? Houston? Yankees?

If the report yesterday was true, Hahn is getting more calls about Q than he did for Sale.