Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 10:48 PM)
?

The White Sox are attempting to build something long-term that will be special/sustainable. More importantly they're getting with the damn times. There's still much work to be done. But how can you not be virgin about to lose their virginity excited right now? Moncada will be a superstar. Yes, a SUPERSTAR. WHAT.A.TIME.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 28, 2016 -> 07:15 AM)
The White Sox are attempting to build something long-term that will be special/sustainable. More importantly they're getting with the damn times. There's still much work to be done. But how can you not be virgin about to lose their virginity excited right now? Moncada will be a superstar. Yes, a SUPERSTAR. WHAT.A.TIME.

This is the most excited I've been about this team in a while. They still need to make a few more moves, but from what I've seen so far I'll trust Hahn to do what he needs to do. He won't trade Quintana for the sake of trading him. I imagine the return will be close to the return for Sale.

I realize that next year (and most likely 2018) will be rough years when it comes to wins, but the future of this team looks so much better now. The team is going to be set to be a force in 2019 and beyond. It is an exciting time to be a Sox fan.

peavy44, while your thoughts on the Cubs are scintillating and fascinating and other big words that i dont need to write, they are not really based in reality and have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Lets talk about Quintana, lets not turn it into an argument on why peavy44 is wrong about the cubs and cant admit that they are good.

Watch Moncada's 2016 hightlight video (if you haven't already)

He really crushed some moonshots

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 28, 2016 -> 07:54 AM)

Watch Moncada's 2016 hightlight video (if you haven't already)

He really crushed some moonshots

I actually didn't know he had that much power from the left side going up the middle and to opposite field. What a monster.

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 28, 2016 -> 07:59 AM)
I actually didn't know he had that much power from the left side going up the middle and to opposite field. What a monster.

Right now he puts up amazing numbers while batting from the left side, and subpar numbers when facing lefties from the right. He should be able to improve those splits over time.

Prospects like this are exceedingly rare, as he does everything pretty well.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 28, 2016 -> 08:22 AM)
I'm guessing twitter is where the "pitchfork" yankee fans are? Pinstripealley and Riveraveblues have been very excited as a whole.

Yes, Twitterbis where im reading all the posts. Reddit to a lesser extent but they are more knowledgeable overall.

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Dec 28, 2016 -> 08:31 AM)
Yes, Twitterbis where im reading all the posts. Reddit to a lesser extent but they are more knowledgeable overall.

I just keep in mind that white Sox twitter is usually prett mouth breathing

The following post is from a typical Yankees fan over at Pinstripe Alley:

I see what Sherman just posted.. GOOD!

Keep the prospects.. Hopefully a few of them work out.. Would be awful to give up a future star for two guys we ALREADY had…

Plus, the White Sox had a healthy Sale, Quintana and D-Rob.. Where did it get them? These guys aren’t game changers.. Hoard the picks for when/IF a real superstar comes up..

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 09:47 AM)
What is the insurance policy if Q goes to the WBC or into the regular season with the Sox and gets hurt or suffers a labrum/Johan Santana injury?

He should be valued at $100-125 million to the franchise, at least. If not $150 million. Wonder the cost for that amount of risk. 35-40% on the dollar?

Teams insure contracts not the player. The type of policy you are describing is what the player takes out on themselves.

Years of suck with no end in sight isn't really exciting for me, but hey.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 28, 2016 -> 08:56 AM)
Years of suck with no end in sight isn't really exciting for me, but hey.

And 1 playoff win in 11 years does nothing for me. But hey.

And when I say playoff win I mean a single playoff game. Not a series. White Sox are doing the right thing.

Edited by Jordan4life