Cardinals Interested in Adam Eaton

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 07:18 PM)
The other thing that needs to be brought up in every Eaton thread is that he's a guy we heard the word "attitude" used about even before we traded for him, and he just might not be that good of a guy to have around on a team that is clearly looking 3 years down the road and just traded a guy he's probably friends with.

Marking, the Sox beat guy who the clubhouse, not on the internet reaching for anything negative to say about anything White Sox, says he is great in the. Clubhouse. It's on a CSN podcast on their site if to listen to it.

And here is the story about his "bad attitude" you constantly refer to with Arizona.. maybe you need to retire it.

http://archive.azcentral.com/sports/diamon...adam-eaton.html

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 08:18 PM)
The other thing that needs to be brought up in every Eaton thread is that he's a guy we heard the word "attitude" used about even before we traded for him, and he just might not be that good of a guy to have around on a team that is clearly looking 3 years down the road and just traded a guy he's probably friends with.

Good point although I think the attitude stuff with Eaton is over blown. He just seems like a guy that usually goes whatever way the wind is blowing. Now that RV is gone maybe the manager will actually take on more of role in determining which way that wind is blowing, rather than just letting the inmates run the asylum.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 07:23 PM)
I'm good with moving Eaton

The only one I hope they hold onto is Q - and only for a year - just to stabilize the staff.

The Cards are always throwing Bader out there (along with Wong and Adams of course). I assume Bader's a ranked prospect, but he had a rough AAA.

C'mom dude! Let's get us some top 3 draft picks the next 2 or 3 years! Move everything of value ASAP. Maybe let Abreu rebuild value over the first half.

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 07:35 PM)
Luke Weaver, Harrison Bader, Matt Adams, Carson Kelly, Sandy Alcantara...ehh? The cardinals lack an impactful hitting prospect I think. I can't see us coming up with a deal for Eaton to them.

Delvin Perez was very highly thought of going into the 2016 draft before testing positive. And he still was a first rounder.

QUOTE (RaySox @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 07:40 PM)
Definitely enough, not sure if the Dodgers would do it

Yeah. I think that would gut the Dodgers system pretty bad. I still think somehow the Dodgers are a match with the White Sox. If Jansen signs else where a Robertson+Frazier combo makes sense for them.

QUOTE (Ro Da Don @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 08:36 PM)
Delvin Perez was very highly thought of going into the 2016 draft before testing positive. And he still was a first rounder.

Yeah he's intriguing but for what he is the Cards probably value him too much. A middle infield prospect with little power that is probably 4 years away isn't exactly high on my list honestly. As a 3rd or 4th piece sure, but I'm sure they will value him higher than that.

QUOTE (kwill @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 08:43 PM)
Yeah. I think that would gut the Dodgers system pretty bad. I still think somehow the Dodgers are a match with the White Sox. If Jansen signs else where a Robertson+Frazier combo makes sense for them.

No doubt Frazier + Robertson would be a match made in heaven for both teams. I'd love to get Bellinger but it's not realistic.

QUOTE (RaySox @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 07:46 PM)
No doubt Frazier + Robertson would be a match made in heaven for both teams. I'd love to get Bellinger but it's not realistic.

I think Jones + Frazier gets something like Bellinger, Alvarez & Lux

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 08:30 PM)
Marking, the Sox beat guy who the clubhouse, not on the internet reaching for anything negative to say about anything White Sox, says he is great in the. Clubhouse. It's on a CSN podcast on their site if to listen to it.

And here is the story about his "bad attitude" you constantly refer to with Arizona.. maybe you need to retire it.

http://archive.azcentral.com/sports/diamon...adam-eaton.html

And yet, there was talk of the White Sox moving him even before they moved Sale. That tells me something.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 10:01 PM)
I don't know what it is about it. Maybe it's the fact he winds up in trade rumors. He's a decent player (6ish WAR in 2 seasons)

He's s really good player. ISO rose, K% went down, solid D, solid OBP...wish we had that problem