Soxfest 2017

Kyyle23

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WBWSF @ Jan 4, 2017 -> 03:43 PM)
Soxfest like attendance at the park will be a ghost town the next few years. I haven't decided if I'm going to go. It shouldn't be hard to obtain tickets.

To stay at the hotel for the weekend and get passes you are going to be putting out somewhere between $400 and $550 depending on how many people there are in your group.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 4, 2017 -> 03:59 PM)
To stay at the hotel for the weekend and get passes you are going to be putting out somewhere between $400 and $550 depending on how many people there are in your group.

Used to go every Friday, have not gone since they made Friday exclusive to the weekend package holders.

It was an awesome event when I would go years ago.

Worked downtown it was a hop skip and jump to either venue and a good time.

Event took a hit when it moved to Palmer House and now is just an afterthought.

The Hyatt, I think it was was really cool. Palmer House seemed crammed in on many floors and the event kind of sucked the last couple of times I went.

Seems like an indicative move of the club with the crappy venue for that and the crappy stadium name. Every aspect of the organization seems to be floundering although the new scoreboard was nice.

Edited by Harry Chappas

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jan 4, 2017 -> 04:49 PM)
Used to go every Friday, have not gone since they made Friday exclusive to the weekend package holders.

It was an awesome event when I would go years ago.

Worked downtown it was a hop skip and jump to either venue and a good time.

Event took a hit when it moved to Palmer House and now is just an afterthought.

The Hyatt, I think it was was really cool. Palmer House seemed crammed in on many floors and the event kind of sucked the last couple of times I went.

Seems like an indicative move of the club with the crappy venue for that and the crappy stadium name. Every aspect of the organization seems to be floundering although the new scoreboard was nice.

It's not at the Palmer House anymore. It's at the Hilton on Michigan. It's much better than the Palmer House set up. More like the Hyatt.

QUOTE (3GamesToLove @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 01:28 PM)
I've never done Soxfest. Is it worth going just the Sunday? I'd be interested in getting a couple autographs but don't want to spend the whole day in lines. The panels sound cool.

The very first year I went (2003 or so IIRC) I went on Saturday only. It was fun but there wasn't really enough time to get to everything. So we started getting weekend passes the next few years.

I haven't been to one since 2006 but I would think if you're only going for one day, Sunday wouldn't be a great day. But that kinda depends on what you are looking for or looking to do. I've always thought that most of the "good stuff" happened on Friday or Saturday.

I haven't seen a schedule but I would think most of the bigger name players and the good panels are already over by Sunday.

IMHO, if you are going to go (and can afford it since they jacked up the prices) get the weekend pass with the hotel room.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jan 11, 2017 -> 10:54 AM)
The very first year I went (2003 or so IIRC) I went on Saturday only. It was fun but there wasn't really enough time to get to everything. So we started getting weekend passes the next few years.

I haven't been to one since 2006 but I would think if you're only going for one day, Sunday wouldn't be a great day. But that kinda depends on what you are looking for or looking to do. I've always thought that most of the "good stuff" happened on Friday or Saturday.

I haven't seen a schedule but I would think most of the bigger name players and the good panels are already over by Sunday.

IMHO, if you are going to go (and can afford it since they jacked up the prices) get the weekend pass with the hotel room.

Yeah, I'm always busy that Saturday so Sunday's really the only option. I pulled the trigger and bought tickets--buying my dad's ticket for his birthday. Looked at some schedules from previous Sundays and there have still been some decent panels. Neither of us has ever gone so I thought we'd finally go to see if it's worth it going forward, rather than wondering each and every year...

• 2 weeks later...

So any advice for a first-timer? Dad and I are going just Sunday. I want to go to the Farm system panel at the beginning of the day and the broadcaster one at the end. Are the photo lines as long as the autograph lines? How early do we have to be there to receive wristbands for signings?

There aren't many HUGE names signing on Sunday, and combined with a general lack of enthusiasm maybe the lines won't be as long? Will Burdi and Collins be easier to get? Should we get there much before 9am? Our tickets are at will-call.

How big are the seminar rooms? Can you sneak in late if necessary (like if you got caught up in an autograph line)?

Once the signing starts, how fast do the lines move? If I'm in the line at 9:30 for the Burdi/Collins signing, what are the odds I can still make it to a 10am seminar?

Edited by 3GamesToLove