Predict Thy Numbers: Charlie Tilson

Not expecting much out of him.

If that line hits I'll be ecstatic.

I'll say .245/.302 and with a few dingers and maybe 15 stolen bases. He's a 4 OF traded for Zach Duke -- can't say I expect a ton out of him. Best case scenario in my mind is he serves a purpose over the next 2 years in our lineup and then is a 4OF for another few years.

Just to give some perspective.. Adam Eaton batted about .255 over his first 400AB with 7 SB and 5HR

Tilson is not Eaton. I know we all want baseball to start, but lets be realistic. Hitting .250 and a dozen stolen bases is probably very realistic. And probably on a good year.

If he's the starting centerfielder and he stays there for most of the season, I could see him doing fairly well. And by fairly well, I don't mean fill the shoes of Adam Eaton. I mean do fairly well for Charlie Tilson.

.251 BA, 6 HRs, 39 RBIs, 15 SBs

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Feb 7, 2017 -> 09:53 AM)
You guys think he will lead off next year?

No. I think he hits 9th probably. Tim Anderson should leadoff so he gets the most at-bats.

1. T. Anderson SS

2. J. Abreu 1B

3. M.Cabrera LF

4. T. Frazier 3B

5. M. Davidson DH

6. B. Lawrie 2B

7. A. Garcia RF

8. G. Soto C

9. C. Tilson CF

That's a bad lineup and way RH.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 7, 2017 -> 10:01 AM)
No. I think he hits 9th probably. Tim Anderson should leadoff so he gets the most at-bats.

1. T. Anderson SS

2. J. Abreu 1B

3. M.Cabrera LF

4. T. Frazier 3B

5. M. Davidson DH

6. B. Lawrie 2B

7. A. Garcia RF

8. G. Soto C

9. C. Tilson CF

How can people think we are going to be better than next year lol

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Feb 7, 2017 -> 10:07 AM)
How can people think we are going to be better than next year lol

No idea. The bullpen is good. But even with Q and Rodon, it's still Gonzo, Shields, and Holland. They could all be terrible. Guys will continue to get traded as the season goes along too. Sox are a bottom 3 team IMO.

1. T. Anderson SS

2. J. Abreu 1B

3. M.Cabrera LF

4. T. Frazier 3B

5. M. Davidson DH

6. B. Lawrie 2B

7. A. Garcia RF

8. G. Soto C

9. C. Tilson CF

That lineup. Woof.

Although I'd like to see Tilson in the 2 spot to see if he can handle it. I also don't see any way Davidson would hit 5th consistently unless they are full on tanking.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Feb 7, 2017 -> 10:14 AM)
That lineup. Woof.

Although I'd like to see Tilson in the 2 spot to see if he can handle it. I also don't see any way Davidson would hit 5th consistently unless they are full on tanking.

Other than Lawrie, Isn't he just as likely to hit as anyone listed before him? At least he hits for power. I'd rather play him every day than waste any more time on Avisail Garcia. I like the bets hitter at #2 which is my I put Abreu there. Let Frazier and Melky rack up the RBI's and get them out of here.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 7, 2017 -> 10:26 AM)
Other than Lawrie, Isn't he just as likely to hit as anyone listed before him? At least he hits for power. I'd rather play him every day than waste any more time on Avisail Garcia. I like the bets hitter at #2 which is my I put Abreu there. Let Frazier and Melky rack up the RBI's and get them out of here.

reasonable for Tilsen would be .250 average , .310 on base percentage, 5 homers, 18 steals, decent defense in center

below average starter production, but solid for a 4th outfielder

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 7, 2017 -> 03:21 PM)
Ya I'm giving Tilson a chance to hit at the top of the lineup to start the season whether that's first or second. I doubt he's ever going to amount to being a good top of the order hitter but this season I'm letting him try.

There is no good reason to at least try him up there. Either #1 or #2 depending on what you want to do with Anderson.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 7, 2017 -> 03:48 PM)
There is no good reason to at least try him up there. Either #1 or #2 depending on what you want to do with Anderson.

Yeah, this is a planned rebuilding team. Try whatever they think may help in the future. If he is bad there, who cares. Losing is the goal for this year anyway.

Tim Anderson should leadoff so he gets the most at-bats.

Ok, I have to ask the group exactly why should a guy who hates to walk and Ks a lot should leadoff? Hell, Depth Charts has him pegged for a craptacular. 298 OBP this year.

I fully get that they're not going to win this year, and they're not trying to win. But a low OBP guy atop your lineup is, at best, an un-ideal use of your talent, and at worst, bad lineup construction.

In either case, I think there's a non-zero chance that both Tilson and Anderson fail to OPS above the Beckham Line of .680 this year.