Rick Hahn discusses rebuild

Bob Sacamano

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Feb 13, 2017 -> 03:19 PM)
Wow, two deals fell through at the ownership approval stage...wonder what deals those were?

My guess is Washington For Robertson due to money and Q /Cutch/NY due to who the f*** knows.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 13, 2017 -> 04:20 PM)
Interesting to see that the number was put at 4 more deals they want to make. Q, Robertson for sure. Frazier was one we saw a lot of rumors about. Who was #4? Abreu? Cabrera?

I'd imagine Q, Robertson, Frazier and Jones.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Feb 13, 2017 -> 07:42 PM)
I'd say Melky over Jones. Honestly, I don't they are very motivated to move Jones right now, they probably figure he can greatly improve his value with some closing experience.

I agree. For me, Jones is the bridge to Burdi as the closer in the next (and long overdue) competitive Sox team. Trade Robertson now, hopefully for a return consistent with what we've seen thus far in the rebuild, and then hope Jones plays well enough to bring back another quality return in July. By then Burdi may be ready to step in and take over.

This is a complete side note but have found it funny ever since the winter meetings. What is up with RH always saying "if we had our druthers..."? It's got to be the fourth or fifth time I have heard him use it since the Eaton deal. Can he come up with something new? It's getting to the point where it's a tad bit annoying for me.

QUOTE (pablo @ Feb 13, 2017 -> 08:16 PM)
This is a complete side note but have found it funny ever since the winter meetings. What is up with RH always saying "if we had our druthers..."? It's got to be the fourth or fifth time I have heard him use it since the Eaton deal. Can he come up with something new? It's getting to the point where it's a tad bit annoying for me.

Lol...he has definitely been using "druthers" quite a bit. Am I wrong or is that a term KW used quite frequently in the past?

QUOTE (pablo @ Feb 13, 2017 -> 09:16 PM)

lol I was thinking the same thing. I feel like they are a pair of khakis or something and he should just go out and buy some "druthers" so he can have them and we can resume making trades.

QUOTE (pablo @ Feb 13, 2017 -> 06:16 PM)

Perhaps he liked the comic strip Lil' Abner as a kid.

QUOTE (Sleepy Harold @ Feb 14, 2017 -> 10:37 AM)

Major Lols on the end of that interview.

Major Lols is different from General Soreness, who we know to be '08 Ken Griffey Jr. riding in a tank

Edited by Jose Paniagua