Deadspin trolling the White Sox

LittleHurt05

I still like Deadspin and actually find this funny, but it appears that Deadspin is straight trolling the White Sox for some reason right now. I don't know who Tim Marchman is, but it seems to be his mission.

Scott Podsednik To Teach White Sox How To Play The Game The Right Way

White Sox Face Tough Choices In Center Field

Cody Asche Is Coming On Strong For The White Sox

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 15, 2017 -> 09:04 PM)
Tim is actually a pretty hardcore Sox fan.

However, not really sure what the angle is here with Deadspin.

Trolling, joking, etc. "Seriously" covering stories about this s*** show of a franchise

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 15, 2017 -> 09:04 PM)
Lol that center field one is the best

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 16, 2017 -> 08:22 AM)
The first time I read it, I thought it was a serious piece, and I did a double take, before reading again and cracking up laughing.

I read it overt an hour ago half sleep. I just re-read it based on your comments and it's amazing lol

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Mar 16, 2017 -> 09:09 AM)
This is what everyone wanted.

This direction is what I wanted but it's not complete yet so they can still mess it up. If Q/Robo/Frazier/Melky/Any scrap-heap reclamation/ are still on the team in August 2017 the franchise is still a joke and will be until JR no longer runs the show.

No more half in half out bulls***, either blow the whole thing up and rebuild or have a $250m payroll and go for it. Either way just pick a side.

• 4 weeks later...
QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Mar 16, 2017 -> 03:09 PM)
This is what everyone wanted.

Not me. I don't trust draft picks. I prefer the spend, spend, spend method to go with a few homegrown talents. Sox deserve to be mocked by deadspin all season. This team is built to lose and lose big. BTW if Robertson has a few good outings and they are serious about a rebuild, they should dump him ASAP for prospects to somebody desperate for relievers, cough cough the Royals. Ditto Q. He had a decent performance last game. Trade him now to somebody desperate for a starter if you are serious about a rebuild. No need to wait.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 11, 2017 -> 01:31 PM)
Not me. I don't trust draft picks. I prefer the spend, spend, spend method to go with a few homegrown talents. Sox deserve to be mocked by deadspin all season. This team is built to lose and lose big. BTW if Robertson has a few good outings and they are serious about a rebuild, they should dump him ASAP for prospects to somebody desperate for relievers, cough cough the Royals. Ditto Q. He had a decent performance last game. Trade him now to somebody desperate for a starter if you are serious about a rebuild. No need to wait.

You would prefer the method that is untenable and ineffective.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 11, 2017 -> 01:31 PM)
BTW if Robertson has a few good outings and they are serious about a rebuild, they should dump him ASAP for prospects to somebody desperate for relievers, cough cough the Royals. Ditto Q. He had a decent performance last game. Trade him now to somebody desperate for a starter if you are serious about a rebuild. No need to wait.

Have you somehow missed these 2 threads?

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=101694

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=101856

They are not going to just "dump" them.

Edited by Iwritecode