Tank for Beer

hi8is

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ Apr 10, 2017 -> 04:50 PM)
It's entirely possible Boston was the only team willing to trade a *premium* position prospect for Sale or Q. We'll never know for sure, but nothing that was reported to me suggests the Sox could have gotten Bregman or Swanson in a deal for Sale. Prior to the Boston trade being agreed to it looked like Sale was heading to Washington in a deal headlined by Victor Robles.

I think Washington was willing to move Victor Robles for a Sale deal. Because I remember it came out right after the trade that they were willing to move him for Sale, but would not move him for Quintana. Victor Robles is a step behind Moncada in the prospect level, but is probably equal with Meadows, Torres and some of the other guys that have been untouchable for Quintana.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All in all, the tank hasn't gone too well this year. Not only are they losing ground for the top picks, but Quintana's poor year so far has at least temporarily neutered his tradability.

I guess the 2 big pluses are Avi and the bullpen guys. Will these guys keep it up long enough to get good returns in 2 1/2 months?

QUOTE (Soha @ May 15, 2017 -> 12:11 AM)
All in all, the tank hasn't gone too well this year. Not only are they losing ground for the top picks, but Quintana's poor year so far has at least temporarily neutered his tradability.

I guess the 2 big pluses are Avi and the bullpen guys. Will these guys keep it up long enough to get good returns in 2 1/2 months?

Without our pen we are in the Seth Beer sweepstakes. Sell them off!!! Except Kahnle..

Amazingly, Jacob Turner and Albers were called on in the 8th and 9th to save a game for the Nationals.

At any rate, Jones isn't worth anything right now, so that leaves only Robertson, Swarzak and Kahnle. And they're unlikely to deal Tommy for a number of previously outlined reasons. And Jennings, pretty negligible.

That said, we're going on a ten game road trip that likely ends up 4-6

Kind of ironic to me that when the Sox were trying to be good ("go for it") they always came up short behind better teams and now that they are rebuilding, other teams (actually a lot of them) are worse and they are coming up a little short from that perspective as well (referring to getting the #1 pick specifically).

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ May 18, 2017 -> 11:05 AM)
Kind of ironic to me that when the Sox were trying to be good ("go for it") they always came up short behind better teams and now that they are rebuilding, other teams (actually a lot of them) are worse and they are coming up a little short from that perspective as well (referring to getting the #1 pick specifically).

Plenty of time. Sox can still end up with the worst AL record. 4-12 the last 16.

Kinda sucks the NL is so top heavy with a bunch of crappy teams at the bottom. Interleague favors the AL, so it would be nice if draft order alternated by league.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 18, 2017 -> 09:10 AM)
Plenty of time. Sox can still end up with the worst AL record. 4-12 the last 16.

Kinda sucks the NL is so top heavy with a bunch of crappy teams at the bottom. Interleague favors the AL, so it would be nice if draft order alternated by league.

Said it in another thread... wouldn't be surprised if this team went 10-30 or worse in the next 40 games. The tank is on and gaining steam.

QUOTE (hi8is @ May 18, 2017 -> 11:12 AM)
Said it in another thread... wouldn't be surprised if this team went 10-30 or worse in the next 40 games. The tank is on and gaining steam.

Fangraphs still projects the Sox to finish with the 2nd worst record in baseball. That's without factoring possible trades of Quintana, Robertson, Frazier, etc. The tank is most definitely still on.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ May 18, 2017 -> 11:05 AM)

All of those teams are further along in their rebuild when it comes to lack of veterans

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ May 18, 2017 -> 12:12 PM)
Fangraphs still projects the Sox to finish with the 2nd worst record in baseball. That's without factoring possible trades of Quintana, Robertson, Frazier, etc. The tank is most definitely still on.

Right. Sucks that guys like Moncada and Fulmer may not make it up this year, but this is what needs to be done to turn this organization around.