Luis Robert signing official

southsider2k5

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 21, 2017 -> 08:29 AM)
Again it goes back to the Sox having an excellent case to make on the field. And for a guy who probably had nothing in his life, does the difference between $25 and $30 million really register?

Well, it tuns out that the Sox offered a package that paid Robert just as much or more (at least we are hearing today), it's just that the overall package will be less because the Sox will pay less tax than the Cardinals would have.

So ss2k, can you admit that we are starting to do things we customarily haven't done in the past?

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 21, 2017 -> 10:31 AM)
Well, it tuns out that the Sox offered a package that paid Robert just as much or more (at least we are hearing today), it's just that the overall package will be less because the Sox will pay less tax than the Cardinals would have.

So ss2k, can you admit that we are starting to do things we customarily haven't done in the past?

It is pretty obvious with this signing.

When you start to see the new stories and the truth, you start to realize just how much BS is out there, and even insiders get fed a lot of it. The way Hahn mentioned his some playing a 2018 season with Robert and how he also admitted interest which when have they ever admitted they were going to bid on a guy that would penalize them? I am starting to think he knew he had this guy locked up all along.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 21, 2017 -> 08:47 AM)
When you start to see the new stories and the truth, you start to realize just how much BS is out there, and even insiders get fed a lot of it. The way Hahn mentioned his some playing a 2018 season with Robert and how he also admitted interest which when have they ever admitted they were going to bid on a guy that would penalize them? I am starting to think he knew he had this guy locked up all along.

Such a bizarre comment, wasn't it?

QUOTE (hi8is @ May 21, 2017 -> 12:44 PM)
Pretty cool way of circumventing rules and telephoning in intentions for the fan base to decipher

I sneakily suspect that the White Sox had a commitment and agreement with Robert all along, arguably since last summer. They intentionally did not sign any other big international free agents. Food for thought.

When is the introductory press conference?

This week? When the full team gets back from Arizona/road trip?

I don't quite get that article from Imrem. If he'd written it (a similar tome) after Bryant, Russell, Soler, Schwarber, Baez, Almora, Contreras and Happ were all brought up to the big leagues, he'd be proven mostly wrong in his skepticism. Actually, Soler would be the only clear "evidence" that might be comparable (in this case), but they're totally different styles of player besides their common origin in Cuba.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ May 21, 2017 -> 08:30 PM)
Don't even think the pic he used is Robert.

It isn't, but if you google Luis Robert, it's the first picture. So that shows you how much work the author did.

Edited by daggins

God, that app drives me crazy.

All the Chinese students use it constantly. That said, at least someone came up with the correct picture of Luis Robert. It should have taken the author all of 30 seconds, if he wasn't mailing in his column to collect a paycheck.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ May 22, 2017 -> 08:11 AM)
I'm guessing it gets done today

Badler was on SSS podcast. Said the hammering out at this point could all be about frequency of payments and possibly keeping him in DR until his first payment.