8/22- Twins @ White Sox

Jose Abreu

Its something to build on, at times showed good command of his fastball, solid change but third time through the order they're going to start hitting you hard. I look forward to seeing what he is capable at the major league level.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Aug 23, 2017 -> 01:55 AM)
Why did Lucas get 4 ER? Shouldn't he get 3ER due to Leury's error?

Leury supposedly lost it in the lights and never touched it so no error

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 22, 2017 -> 08:56 PM)
Fastball effectiveness was way better than I expected early on. His best pitch has to be his curve, so let's hope we see huge

Improvements with it going forward

I didn't get to watch but via twitter it seems like he threw almost 0 breaking balls. Shocking to hear considering that pitch has been so good for him this year.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 22, 2017 -> 09:29 PM)
I have no idea what Moncada's plan at the plate is with two strikes. He can't keep falling behind in the count if he's not going to try and protect

From reading this one would never guess that Moncada went 2 for 4 tonight with both hits being doubles.

Edited by Insp

I have really no issues with his outing. Like many...I'd like to see a better command of his breaking ball...it's a plus pitch if he gets it in the zone. But overall...can't really complain. I would like to see Smith catch him his next outing...I'd think they'd have little bit better familiarity with each other. Narvaez is just too "bouncy" back there for my tastes...

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 22, 2017 -> 08:00 PM)
Leury supposedly lost it in the lights and never touched it so no error

Just a point here on this. An official scorer has the right to charge an error if he or she thinks the ball should have been caught (or played) even if it wasn't touched by the defender.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Aug 23, 2017 -> 03:17 AM)
Just a point here on this. An official scorer has the right to charge an error if he or she thinks the ball should have been caught (or played) even if it wasn't touched by the defender.

OH YEAH!

QUOTE (Wanne @ Aug 22, 2017 -> 10:14 PM)
I have really no issues with his outing. Like many...I'd like to see a better command of his breaking ball...it's a plus pitch if he gets it in the zone. But overall...can't really complain. I would like to see Smith catch him his next outing...I'd think they'd have little bit better familiarity with each other. Narvaez is just too "bouncy" back there for my tastes...

I was shocked Smith didn't catch him considering he's the most familiar with him in AAA. Still, I was very encouraged with Giolito's outing. Luckily I caught the game on my phone from work.