2018 White Sox catch-all thread

southsider2k5

8 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Random thought, but if Renteria is gonna keep pulling guys, he better be 100% sure that they're not hustling. That's not really something you can do when it's not for sure and we already only have 2 non-catcher bench players.

We saw how well his BS worked with Yoan and hamstring 

17 hours ago, Iwritecode said:

Just be good every year. It's so simple! All this time owners and managers have been trying to figure it out. Just be good every year! i can't believe nobody else has thought of this before! Quick somebody get Hahn on the phone!

ebOHu.gif

I mean, why dont all the pitchers just throw no hitters every time?

19 hours ago, greg775 said:

Not really. Not if you are good every year. Makes for enjoyable summers. Then a year or two yo get career years and boom! A WS appearance. This way ... Sox have so many ifs, so much work to do. We shall see.

Ok...how do you explain the non-rebuilding years where they tried to win between 2013-2016? They literally tried the way you are describing. 

Edited by soxfan2014

18 hours ago, fathom said:

We saw how well his BS worked with Yoan and hamstring 

Like rearranging deck chairs. Hey guys let's try harder next time! More team spirit!

On 5/9/2018 at 5:29 PM, Jose Abreu said:

Random thought, but if Renteria is gonna keep pulling guys, he better be 100% sure that they're not hustling. That's not really something you can do when it's not for sure and we already only have 2 non-catcher bench players.

We see ongoing mental mistakes and what I consider under-achieving. Not really a tight ship and their record could be one of the worst ever. Maybe they will right the ship mid-season. Rebuild is not a good enough reason to be historically bad in my view. I just expect to see some good baseball once in a while. 

2 minutes ago, pcq said:

We see ongoing mental mistakes and what I consider under-achieving. Not really a tight ship and their record could be one of the worst ever. Maybe they will right the ship mid-season. Rebuild is not a good enough reason to be historically bad in my view. I just expect to see some good baseball once in a while. 

Historically bad like losing 111, 107, and 106 games over 3 consecutive seasons?

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Historically bad like losing 111, 107, and 106 games over 3 consecutive seasons?

Like losing maybe 110 or more this season. I wasn't thinking of multiple seasons. 

2 hours ago, pcq said:

Being historically bad is just plain bad as far as I'm concerned. We need new ownership/management. I  have a slogan they can use. We Will Make The White Sox  Great Again!.

55 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

Being historically bad is just plain bad as far as I'm concerned. We need new ownership/management. I  have a slogan they can use. We Will Make The White Sox  Great Again!.

That slogan is well played but you've been beating this drum for a long time now about ownership / front office. (Going so far as to post that according to some friends of yours with connections JR was going to sell within two years--which didn't happen) And it is true, new ownership / front office is badly needed but it's not happening until fate takes its course with JR. That's something he's said clearly time after time. We need to accept the reality of the situation and hope we live long enough to see the rebuild  work or new ownership come into play. That's all we can do at this point.

9 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

That slogan is well played but you've been beating this drum for a long time now about ownership / front office. (Going so far as to post that according to some friends of yours with connections JR was going to sell within two years--which didn't happen) And it is true, new ownership / front office is badly needed but it's not happening until fate takes its course with JR. That's something he's said clearly time after time. We need to accept the reality of the situation and hope we live long enough to see the rebuild  work or new ownership come into play. That's all we can do at this point.

I can always hope JR sells the team.  As of this morning the White Sox now have the worse record in MLB. They have  the worse pitching staff I have ever seen in my lifetime. They probably have ONE good pitcher on the team who anybody would want (Lopez). This is going to be a historically bad team with no end in sight.  I wish I felt differently about this situation but I don't. I regret renewing my season ticket package  this year.  But you have to have hope in everything you do, I hope JR sells the team.

13 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

I can always hope JR sells the team.  As of this morning the White Sox now have the worse record in MLB. They have  the worse pitching staff I have ever seen in my lifetime. They probably have ONE good pitcher on the team who anybody would want (Lopez). This is going to be a historically bad team with no end in sight.  I wish I felt differently about this situation but I don't. I regret renewing my season ticket package  this year.  But you have to have hope in everything you do, I hope JR sells the team.

I thought you were buddies with Reinsdorf?

1 hour ago, WBWSF said:

You must be pretty young then.

2 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

I must correct myself. This is the worse WHITE SOX  pitching staff  I have seen in my lifetime.

you must be pretty young then

you should probably just sell your tickets and wait until JR sells the team and stop paying attention.  It is very clear that repeating the same thing over and over on soxtalk isnt remedying your problem

31 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

He's right tho, no? This is the worst W'Sox pitching staff ever?  (When you consider RP's too)

98 and 99 was pretty horrendous, and this season is not even 40 games old so it’s hard to say “ever”

they could get there of course but they could also go the other way if Kopech, Rodon come up and pitch up to their capabilities 

52 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

He's right tho, no? This is the worst W'Sox pitching staff ever?  (When you consider RP's too)

If you were to project out this season based on the first 34 games, and assuming zero improvement or impact from someone like Kopech and Rodon getting back to Chicago, this team is on a pace to give up 915 runs.  The 1998 team gave up 931 runs.

• Like 1