Could Palka be the White Sox Schwarber?

Kyyle23

Is Palka the White Sox version of Schwarber?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What say you?

• yes
    • Of Course Yes
    • No

With all the OFs completely crushing it in the minors right now, Idk that a "Schwarber" is necessary. This could be that left handed power bat that KW is always so desperate for, though, which, if so, getting it out of the way now so they don't try to trade half the farm for one would be good.

10 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

In Estonian, it means Payday. 

According to google translate it means salary in Estonian ,  Lithuanian and Latvian. In Bosnian, Polish.Slovenian and Macedonian it means  stick.. In Bulgarian it means baton. In Czech  it mean bat. In Indonesian and Sudanese it means hold.

I think the message is clear.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

According to google translate it means salary in Estonian ,  Lithuanian and Latvian. In Bosnian, Polish.Slovenian and Macedonian it means  stick.. In Bulgarian it means baton. In Czech  it mean bat. In Indonesian and Sudanese it means hold.

I think the message is clear.

Obviously. Hold on to your money and your stick. Good advice in the MLB.

• Like 1

I actually thought that question yesterday.  He runs like those old Babe Ruth clips lol...and is probably similar to Schwarbs in the OF...but I swear I stop what I'm doing when he gets up to the plate.  The ball just screams off his bat.  I love the guy!  Glad to see he's finally getting a chance to show what he can do.  I swear...if he gets sent down and they keep Engel and Thompson.  He's the lefty power bat the Sox have craved...and they might have stumbled onto something pretty good.  He just got caught up in Minnesota's OF numbers.  I recall hearing/reading somewhere the Twins hated getting rid of him.   Love me some Palka tho!!!

One thing that has happened this year is as much as I wanted this year to allow room for a "surprise" player to happen (a la last year), I also would have zero confidence they are any good and worth keeping spots open for beyond a year.