5/29 Games

ScootsMcGoots

21 minutes ago, flavum said:

Still think Eloy stays in Birmingham until after the Southern League AS Game(in Birmingham).

In Charlotte on June 21st, and finishes out the minor league season there. 

Major league debut April 15, 2019. Or around there.

You actually think this or just want this to happen?

It's good for the players (and organization) to see them make All-Star teams and get rewarded for their excellent play.

Nothing's FORCING Jimenez to go to AA until after June 19th or whatever the date is.

Reading the tea leaves from Hahn, they seem pretty set on holding him back into the start of 2019...Kopech's the one who is much likelier to be moved up (obvious statement of the day).

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

It's good for the players (and organization) to see them make All-Star teams and get rewarded for their excellent play.

I obviously don't know him personally, but I'd imagine he'd much rather be rewarded for his excellent play by playing for the White Sox rather than a minor league all-star game. 

• Like 1

There's just NO WAY they're going to push Jimenez up quickly this year when it's a lost season...and we have a really good shot at the #1 overall draft pick in 2019.

Besides, if prospective free agents need to see Kopech and Jimenez play in the major leagues first before they're convinced to sign with the White Sox...we don't need 'em, right?

54 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

There's just NO WAY they're going to push Jimenez up quickly this year when it's a lost season...and we have a really good shot at the #1 overall draft pick in 2019.

Besides, if prospective free agents need to see Kopech and Jimenez play in the major leagues first before they're convinced to sign with the White Sox...we don't need 'em, right?

In no way should his development be dictated by how good or bad the White Sox is playing. He will quickly be the most important piece on that team. All promotions or lack thereof should be based strictly on what is best for his development.

And that's all I have to say about that...................................................................again.

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Nothing's FORCING Jimenez to go to AA until after June 19th or whatever the date is.

Reading the tea leaves from Hahn, they seem pretty set on holding him back into the start of 2019...Kopech's the one who is much likelier to be moved up (obvious statement of the day).

I don't think Eloy jimenez, carrying a career 175 wRC+ in AA before age 22, who has already stated that he is "mostly not challenged" by AA and has also said feels he is ready for MLB pitching gives half a shit about a AA all star game.

"the bess" isn't concerned with no trifles.   

The point is you call him up when it's the right baseball move -- no more, no less.  There is an argument he's ready for MLB now.  I can't see a single argument against moving him to AAA within the next few weeks -- a AA All-Star game?  Come on.

Edited by chitownsportsfan