8/22 White Sox vs Twins 1:10

joejoedairy

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

The second worst hitter is leading off and the best hitter is batting 8th. The worst hitter is batting 9th at least, but still some ugly lineup construction

Also just an ugly lineup.  With no Abreu, they really lack a center to their lineup.  Thank God they’ll have Eloy next year.

22 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

The second worst hitter is leading off and the best hitter is batting 8th. The worst hitter is batting 9th at least, but still some ugly lineup construction

Hard to put lipstick on a pig.  But with his lineups and bunting the last 2 nights, not super impressed with McEwing in an admittedly very small sample.

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Hard to put lipstick on a pig.  But with his lineups and bunting the last 2 nights, not super impressed with McEwing in an admittedly very small sample.

Intentionally walking Mauer to get to Rosario in the last inning made no sense.

Just now, Tony said:

He just doesn't have this stuff right now. Might just be one of those starts, or he might find it as the game goes on. 

Either way, he doesn't have it right now. 

Hope that line drive DP gets him going.  Twins seem to be sitting on fastball and not thinking of going after slider.

30 minutes ago, fathom said:

I know this is my catchphrase, but Rodon's velocity is garbage once again to start the game.  89-91 is gonna get smashed, as he's not throwing free and easy today.

I've noticed in his last couple of starts that the first inning is like this but as the game goes on the average gets to 95. He may still have issues getting loose this close post-surgically.

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I've noticed in his last couple of starts that the first inning is like this but as the game goes on the average gets to 95. He may still have issues getting loose this close post-surgically.

Fegan article today in Athletic talks about him building velocity through game and him pitching well despite not having his best slider.

10 minutes ago, ptatc said:

What's your thoughts on his velocity dropping like 1.5 mph since he returned?  Just amped up when he came back?

Like I've been saying, Yoan clearly has some type of lower body injury. With that said, his lefty swing is all sorts of messed up right now.  Tons of check swings on fastballs down the plate.  Seems like he's also not getting his arms extended.

Edited by fathom

“I never want to get it up too early, get it going too early because I want to save it for when I truly need it,” Rodón said. “It works out. I’ll start out kind of slow, upper-80s, low-90s and work my way up by the fifth or fourth to low-90s, mid-90s, then kind of pitch at mid-90s at the end of the game.”

This is from Fegan's article. He says it's not intentional and has tried to change his warmup routine to get it going earlier but says he can't seem to find his velocity until later in the game.

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

What's your thoughts on his velocity dropping like 1.5 mph since he returned?  Just amped up when he came back?

The year after any shoulder surgery is a crapshoot. He is healthy but needs to learn to pitch with the "new" shoulder. Next year we'll know more. It may continue like this but odds are it will improve some.