Winter Meetings Predictions

Chicago White Sox

24 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Winter meetings PSA:

1) Check your twitter sources to make sure you don't get duped by a fake account

2) If posting something plausible from a rando twitter, add a qualifier such as "TIFWIW" or Take it with a massive grain of salt" 

3) Don't give me any horseshit. If it looks ridiculous, don't post it. If a posted trade from a rando looks massively one-sided, use your brain. Most of you have an idea of a fair value trade that would actually happen. 

Yes master.

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

If you want to weed out the bullshit you will have to do it yourself.  If we clamped down on everything that you don't like, we wouldn't be seeing breaking news from twitter accounts like k0na and kerryperrysbootyhole.

I saw the katyperrysbootyhole thing, that is an example of 2) where it needs the qualifier. That was a plausible trade. 

14 minutes ago, daggins said:

I guess my dream meetings would be:

Sign FA Machado, Happ and Grandal

Trade Collins, Dunning, Madrigal + for Haniger

Trade Stephans and Adolfo for Greinke and 30MM

I just think we’re a year too early to trade guys for an established star.  A big part of that reasoning is we have a ton of guys who will be spending a bunch of time in AA this year and that’s the level where prospect value can increase exponentially.  Madrigal, Robert, Basabe, Adolfo, Rutherford, Gonzalez, Sheets, Rivera, Dunning, Hansen, Lambert, Medeiros, Flores, Johnson, etc. should all spend a good chunk of time there next year.  Let’s see what we have in those guys before we trade for a cost controlled stud.  For now, we have plenty of cash to fill holes with vets on short-term deals.

Scott Boras owes Mike Moustakis big time. His foot dragging last Spring cost Moose about $50M. Placing Moose early has to be a big priority. Obviously, Harper doesn’t give 2 shits about Moose’s situation. But if Bryce does decide to come to the White Sox, Boras May lean on the Sox to add Moustakis at about 3/40. It wouldn’t surprise me. 

12 minutes ago, Baker said:

Scott Boras owes Mike Moustakis big time. His foot dragging last Spring cost Moose about $50M. Placing Moose early has to be a big priority. Obviously, Harper doesn’t give 2 shits about Moose’s situation. But if Bryce does decide to come to the White Sox, Boras May lean on the Sox to add Moustakis at about 3/40. It wouldn’t surprise me. 

Hard pass on Moose for anything over a year IMO.  First, he’s simply not good enough to warrant a multi-year deal.  Second, the Sox seem committed to moving Moncada to 3B eventually and Madrigal could be ready by OD 2020.  If we don’t sign Machado, I could maybe see a 1/$10M-ish type deal.

47 minutes ago, Baker said:

Is there any evidence to suggest that Boras possesses such a sense of loyalty, or indebtedness?

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The Astros being in the top 5 is interesting.  They really need some starting pitching.  I wonder if we could see a Kluber for Tucker ++ type deal go down.  Would really hate to see that as a Sox fan.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The Astros being in the top 5 is interesting.  They really need some starting pitching.  I wonder if we could see a Kluber for Tucker ++ type deal go down.  Would really hate to see that as a Sox fan.

Why? Because the Astros are already good and Kluber would boost them even more? I look at it as it would weaken the top team in our terrible division even more. I'd take it.

33 minutes ago, Ross Gload Fan said:

Why? Because the Astros are already good and Kluber would boost them even more? I look at it as it would weaken the top team in our terrible division even more. I'd take it.

Because I like Tucker and would hate to see him on the Indians the next seven years or so.

In the "Sox go stupid" scenario:

SIGN:

Harper: 12 years / $420M ($35M AAV)

Familia: 3 years / $36M ($12M AAV)

Kikuchi: 6 years / $48M ($6M AAV)

Trade:

Steele Walker, Gavin Sheets, Spencer Adams, Joel Booker for Zach Greinke (entire deal), Jake Lamb, Alex Avila 

5 hours ago, Quinarvy said:

SIGN:

Trade:

Steele Walker, Gavin Sheets, Spencer Adams, Joel Booker for Zach Greinke (entire deal), Jake Lamb, Alex Avila 

Don't forget posting fee for Kikuchi even though personally I have no interest in him.

Interesting trade . Wouldn't make it until after whales sign if at all. Seems like getting a lot of salary while giving up maybe 2 guys with a shot at the majors (Walker and Sheets) but still mostly unknown how legit their shots are, Also throwing in Lamb and Avila seems like an overpay . 3 years of Greinke in his 35, 36 and 37 yr old seasons at $35M / yr.is crazy good money for an old pitcher. No matter how good he's been it can't last forever especially transitioning back to the DH league. Roundabout way of saying neither team would or should do it.

5 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Don't forget posting fee for Kikuchi even though personally I have no interest in him.

Interesting trade . Wouldn't make it until after whales sign if at all. Seems like getting a lot of salary while giving up maybe 2 guys with a shot at the majors (Walker and Sheets) but still mostly unknown how legit their shots are, Also throwing in Lamb and Avila seems like an overpay . 3 years of Greinke in his 35, 36 and 37 yr old seasons at $35M / yr.is crazy good money for an old pitcher. No matter how good he's been it can't last forever especially transitioning back to the DH league. Roundabout way of saying neither team would or should do it.

I might lift Walker for taking the whole Greinke deal, but the purpose was to fill the rotation spot, 3B until Madrigal arrives and backup catcher for one more year in one move.

1 hour ago, Quinarvy said:

I might lift Walker for taking the whole Greinke deal, but the purpose was to fill the rotation spot, 3B until Madrigal arrives and backup catcher for one more year in one move.

Oh I get it  and I like Lamb and Avila but I don't like old Greinke getting $35M a year for another 3 years when you could probably get Happ or Morton for a lot cheaper. Or maybe you want a shot at Sale ,Bumgarner or Cole next year which gives Kopech time to heal and Cease and Dunning to get their feet wet.

I realize you were talking about a "go stupid" in 2019 scenario but we could fill those holes easier and cheaper this year without giving up any prospects and probably get the same production.

15 hours ago, Quinarvy said:

SIGN:

Trade:

MLBTR reported that Greinke's no trade rights have been a "major impediment" .

I believe it was reported earlier, that the Sox are not included on his no trade list, this would seem to give the Sox some leverage in dealing with the DBacks.

Edit Here is the link

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/12/nl-west-notes-dodgers-lemahieu-belt-greinke.html

Edited by turnin' two