Sox and Tribe Game #2

8 minutes ago, mqr said:

I wouldn't go that far, Madrgial coulda been turned into a starter or something

While I agree that would have been the ideal solution...if we can lock up yoan at a 6/100ish deal (when he proves he's all-star caliber) and Madrigal is a 300avg/350obp leadoff guy...you save a ton of cash that can be used to buy a starter...Or use the outfield depth to help with that. Yoan has the tools to be as good of a hitter as Manny to be honest. I doubt he gets to be THAT elite, but man that saves face for Rick unfortunately. 

Edited by EloyJenkins

3 minutes ago, Joshua Strong said:

And now Nate Jones is coming out to pitch? Why not use Ruiz, you’re sending him back down when Anderson is reactivated before the home opener. 

Guess I'm not understanding all the b****ing. Guys need to pitch and if they didn't pitch today it would be a minimum of 4 days off for Herrera and 5 days off for Jones, and that's only if there get in the game Friday.

2 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I want Yonder gone by midseason. Anybody related to Machado needs to be shown the door, preferably with a boot to the ass, by the end of the trade deadline. 

Why are you still talking about machado? Move on. Yonder has been a solid add so far and adds to the team. He's a professional

• Haha 1

This is the perfect spot for Jones to pitch. I really hope the Sox don't think they will be able to trade him for much though if that's the endgoal here.

Edited by TheTruth05

Just now, TheTruth05 said:

This is the perfect spot for Jones to pitch. I really hope the Sox don't think they will be able to trade him for much thought if that's the endgoal here.

They're not going to be able to trade him for shit. He's lost his mojo. 

2 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

While I agree that would have been the ideal solution...if we can lock up yoan at a 6/100ish deal (when he proves he's all-star caliber) and Madrigal is a 300avg/350obp leadoff guy...you save a ton of cash that can be used to buy a starter...Or use the outfield depth to help with that. Yoan has the tools to be as good of a hitter as Manny to be honest. I doubt he gets to be THAT elite, but man that saves face for Rick unfortunately. 

I think people need to go back and look a Mannys ops+ and wRC+. Manny is a very good hitter but not elite. Manny is an elite player because he's elite defensively and very good offensively.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

They're not going to be able to trade him for shit. He's lost his mojo. 

His arm is toast but there's no doubt he has a back of the pen job right now because of his tenure/contract. His stuff is gone.

Edited by TheTruth05

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Why are you still talking about machado? Move on. Yonder has been a solid add so far and adds to the team. He's a professional

This team could compete in this trash division if they got Machado. Yonder needs to be trade for whatever he is worth, whether it is a low level prospect or bag of balls, by midseason. He failed his only job which was recruiting Manny. 

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I think people need to go back and look a Mannys ops+ and wRC+. Manny is a very good hitter but not elite. Manny is an elite player because he's elite defensively and very good offensively.

he's mediocre at best at 3B and was a train wreck at SS.  He's elite because he's a crazy good hitter high up on the defensive spectrum.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

That's fair to a degree. Moncada probably will never be that good defensively though, so hopefully the bat gets even BETTER.

Edited by EloyJenkins

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

he's mediocre at best at 3B and was a train wreck at SS.  He's elite because he's a crazy good hitter high up on the defensive spectrum.

He’s one of the best defensive 3B of all time 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, lasttriptotulsa said:

Guess I'm not understanding all the b****ing. Guys need to pitch and if they didn't pitch today it would be a minimum of 4 days off for Herrera and 5 days off for Jones, and that's only if there get in the game Friday.

Guys need to pitch... in the situation they’re on the roster for. Why are you wasting your best relievers, the guys who pitch in high leverage situations, in a blowout? As soon as Rodon came out of the game, Renteria should’ve went to Baneulos to finish the game or Ruiz like I said because he’s going to be sent back down when Anderson is recativated. 

Yeah, guys need to pitch but I use my high leverage guys only when I need to/when I have to. 

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

He's mediocre at third? He was the best defensive third baseman in baseball by pretty much every metric over his time there. 

Hes 20% better than league average offensively since he entered the league. That is not elite but it is very good.

• Like 1