8.30.20 GT | Royals @ Sox | 1:10PM CT

Tnetennba

Matheny going after 1B ump.

Robert takes a walk.

Can't say that ump isn't try to going after the manager, who has always been a jacka--, but know how to stay in your lane there dude.  Don't go initiating a confrontation with the dugout when you know it's all on you for making the wrong call.

Just now, SoxAce said:

I don't think I've ever seen an OPPOSING manager screaming at an ump for a check swing call lol. Matheny sticks up for his players more than Ricky. 

Don’t know how he didn’t get tossed there

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

I don't think I've ever seen an OPPOSING manager screaming at an ump for a check swing call lol. Matheny sticks up for his players more than Ricky. 

That was a product of the Soler call, and if there is one thing Rickey does, it is sticks up for his players.

Just now, chw42 said:

Mendick just didn't see Bubic very well. Behind on everything.

But some people think we should trade Madrigal because Mendick is the 2B of the future. 😂😂

I like Mendick - he’s a useful guy to have around. But that take is so bad. 

• Love 1

Just now, SoxAce said:

You met Ricky at a bar the other night DA? Been defending him all day.

Because these criticisms are just wrong. I am not a fan of his managing, but he does stick up for his players.  And no matter what reliever he brought in, if he gave up a run it would have been Rickey’s fault, even though the run was on Eloy. The team has won 10 of 12 and are leading this one and so many are b****ing. 

Just now, Dick Allen said:

And no matter what reliever he brought in, if he gave up a run it would have been Rickey’s fault, even though the run was on Eloy.

He has used Jimmy Cordero for 4 out of the last 5 games... but hey, you do you boo. :)

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Because these criticisms are just wrong. I am not a fan of his managing, but he does stick up for his players.  And no matter what reliever he brought in, if he gave up a run it would have been Rickey’s fault, even though the run was on Eloy. The team has won 10 of 12 and are leading this one and so many are b****ing. 

Both losses could have been preventable if the bullpen was used in a timely manner. Again proactive vs reactive....huge deal especially come playoffs