9.1.20 GT | Sox @ Twins | 7:10PM CT

Tnetennba

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

The bullpen is being used a ton and that's probably why they've struggled, but don't fret. Lopez pitches tomorrow and I'm betting he goes at least 8

I hope he goes longer than 8 pitches

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tony said:

And yes, it does sort of seem like that memory has faded from you.... :)

The Davis one was worse because of the Burke shit the year earlier. The Burke stuff was still fresh in everyone's minds and then Hunter ran over Davis sometime in August 04. 

It was going to be tough to win that year with Maggs out but that one was what really broke my spirit. All of the negativity and cynicism comes from those two plays. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

I'll never understand people who think the only reason to win the division is playoff seeding.

You win the division because its winning the fucking division. You beat the god damn royals. You beat the god damn tigers. You beat the god damn Indians. And most importantly of all, you beat the god damn twins. Why would you need any more reasons for that to matter?

Miss me with the "World series or nothing" attitude.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gusguyman said:

I'll never understand people who think the only reason to win the division is playoff seeding.

You win the division because its winning the fucking division. You beat the god damn royals. You beat the god damn tigers. You beat the god damn Indians. And most importantly of all, you beat the god damn twins. Why would you need any more reasons for that to matter?

Miss me with the "World series or nothing" attitude.

I’d rather earn the wild card and advance to the World Series than win the division and get bounced in the first round. Now of course I’d rather win the division than not but this season of all seasons it provides very little advantage in the postseason. I’m just happy to be watching meaningful White Sox baseball in September/October again.

• Like 1

Some people’s expectations on this board are way too high. You can’t expect to sweep the Twins. Taking 2 out of 3 would be nice but sweeping, that’s a tall order. Even if they lose this series the worse they would be is a game out of first. 

Edited by maloney.adam