Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)

Jose Abreu

4 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

The worst? The worst what? We're gonna add pointless hyperbole for theatrical effect to compensate for poor arguments now?

You listed Ty Cobb and other HOFs who had personality quirks to defend Bauer. If you can't understand the difference I can't help you.

You keep presenting black and white arguments and ignoring key differences in your comparisons while constantly insulting my intelligence. You really need to tone it down.

Bauer and his Cy Young =/= Ty freaking Cobb. You are listing HOFs to defend Bauer yet in the same breath seemingly can't understand why I'm analyzing your very own comparison as if you never made it.. Not sure where the disconnect and density comes from. 

Saying bad behavior and bad attitudes can hurt chemistry and affect a team negatively isn't idiotic, it's common fucking sense.

Too stupid to argue with

1 hour ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

Too stupid to argue with

I like how someone praised you as being a voice of reason. 

You're lying to yourself and you know it. Let's go over your tiring shtick.

1. Present me an argument full of logical fallacies and/or black and white statements and ignore actual details.

2. I respond with a reasoned argument that points out clear details you ignore.

3. You say I'm "too stupid to argue with" and disappear.

4. Reappear to argue with me again on another thread. 

5. Repeat.

This is now the second time you have literally called me "too stupid to argue with" (have you earned a warning yet?). I so look forward to the 3rd time you argue with me anyway. 

The empty insult is the giveaway that you have nothing of further value to say and have conceded but can't do it with dignity. 

If you really think bad attitudes can't have a bad effect on a team, you're literally lacking common sense on this issue and obviously haven't been a Sox fan very long as we went through a clubhouse ordeal only a few years ago ourselves. 

You responded likely too quickly to have even processed what I said anyway. Another ragequit; I look forward to your next.

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, bmags said:

Ty cobb was actually fine, his biographer made up a bunch of shit not dissimilar to eight men out.

This, Charles Leerhsen’s thoroughly researched book presents a fair treatment of Ty Cobb.

Al Stump was a complete hack, and his book and Tommy Lee Jones’ film was a complete farce.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22609487-ty-cobb

SABR also debunked Al Stump’s lies, and exposed his fraud, including sales of fraudulent Ty Cobb memorabilia.

http://haulsofshame.com/Final SABR Article - as published_6744.pdf

Edited by South Side Hit Men

1 minute ago, EloyJenkins said:

With Mets most likely out with lindor/carrasco and needing a CF...what are suitors still?

Padres. Out

Blue jays. Maybe

Angels. For sure.

Anyone else realistically? Could he be had for 3/90 at this point? Suitors are disappearing fast.

Might be that he'll go back to seriously considering a high dollar one-year deal, and try again next year with a bigger market and better $$$$ situation.

2 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

With Mets most likely out with lindor/carrasco and needing a CF...what are suitors still?

Padres. Out

Blue jays. Maybe

Angels. For sure.

Anyone else realistically? Could he be had for 3/90 at this point? Suitors are disappearing fast.

If the Blue Jays get Springer, they may be out on Bauer. I think Bauer ends up in LA somehow. 

• Jose Abreu changed the title to Dodgers sign Bauer (3/102, opt-outs, 40-45-17)