Spring Training thread

southsider2k5

38 minutes ago, HoosierSox said:

I bet the Adam E platoon outperforms Joc.

Well in theory...Joc will probably be platooned after a few months of being total garbage against LH.  I know they told him he could play everyday, but I bet he ends up platooned.  

So platoon vs platoon...who you got?  I like having Engel as the other half over...checks notes...Cameron Maybin?

2 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I also predict Eaton outperforming Joc.  They're not that far away talent wise. I'm unsure of the hate.  There was a big hodgepodge of okay right fielders this year.  Joc and Eaton were in that.

Exactly.

I wouldn't have complained about either, but I do think this specific lineup needs a hitter like Eaton more than a hitter like Joc, because they do need a couple other hitters capable of working a count, fouling off tough pitches, and maybe poking a pitcher's pitch somewhere for a hit.  We have Abreu and TA who can do that, but not many of our other guys can.  Eaton can be that guy.  Joc isn't.

• Like 1

Why do you have to back up the Brink's Truck for a reliever like Hendricks?    Because of flame outs like Thompson, Hamilton, Burr, Burdi, etc. 

That group is a complete pile of ass.  Hamilton already gone,  I see nothing from the other 3.

Let's hope we don't have to count on those guys for anything this coming season.   

Edited by HOFHurt35

6 hours ago, Fernando Tatis Jr said:

Just noticing that everybody is up in the dugout for a spring training home run

Tony has brought an amazing energy to the team. He's turned out to be the perfect fit as manager so far.

Edited by ron883
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Why do you have to back up the Brink's Truck for a reliever like Hendricks?    Because of flame outs like Thompson, Hamilton, Burr, Burdi, etc. 

That group is a complete pile of ass.  Hamilton already gone,  I see nothing from the other 3.

Let's hope we don't have to count on those guys for anything this coming season.   

Understood. I suspect a counterpoint might be that money spent on Hendricks could have been spent elsewhere since the Sox already  have a few guys that could shut offenses down in late innings - Kopech, Crochet,  Heuer, and Bummer. 

11 hours ago, HOFHurt35 said:

One of these things is not like the others.  Thompson is like a 5th round pick, Hamilton 10th, Burr was picked up for slot money.  They were all fliers.  Burdi, on the other hand, was a first round pick, taken under the crazy notion that they were contenders that year.  Don’t take relievers in the first round.

Do take fliers.  After all, they did hit on Bummer, Heuer, and Foster.  That’s productive drafting.

On 3/12/2021 at 12:12 PM, ThatBallHitDeep_WAYBack said:

Who has a stream link for today

If you have a smart TV( most people do now) then just add the MLB app. It's good for Sox highlights and interviews when u pick the Sox as your favorite team. Not sure if you will be able to see the game . I can, because the app includes my subscription to MLB TV. But many ST games are televised. Once the game starts just click on Scores and you will see all the scheduled games listed, then  click on the game and pick the TV  icon or the speaker icon for radio broadcast if they are allowing free watching or listening still. You might have to subscribe to MLB.com 1st but it's free and easy.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Wonder if Katz has Kopech making some changes that led to the calf soreness.  Could just be typical spring training aches and pains as well.  I'd imagine Kopech is doing more than his fair share of running and conditioning after opting out last year.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

On 3/13/2021 at 1:05 AM, ron883 said:

Tony has brought an amazing energy to the team. He's turned out to be the perfect fit as manager so far.

My gut says more credit for this should go to clubhouse leaders like Tim Anderson and Jose Abreu. But TLR could be part of that.

• Like 1