White Sox up to 3rd in MLB power rankings

caulfield12

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-power-rankings-after-week-5?partnerId=zh-20210510-156906-MLB&qid=1026&bt_ee=%2BEAq9KM3g7rwddT1mEdQLq%2BQdIwlkF8hPBmbmcA0GGXPItm2iFzJq7JL%2BoPEY9xy&bt_ts=1620646670992

3. White Sox (Last week #4)
The White Sox pitching is on a roll, and, unsurprisingly, that’s translating to lots of winning. Before they allowed three runs in a 9-3 win over the Royals on Sunday, the White Sox had given up two runs over their past 38 innings, and one of those runs was unearned. In fact, when Lucas Giolito gave up a first-inning run on Sunday, it was the first time in a week that a Sox starter had given up a run. That ended a span of 25 1/3 innings, with 10 hits allowed to 97 batters.

AL East with four of the top twelve.   Indians 15th, KC 18th, Twins all the way down to 22.  Still have to believe Yankees are top competition when they get Severino back in the next month.  Also, JD Martinez has to be the early favorite for AL Comeback Player.  Practically any team could have gotten him this past offseason.

Edited by caulfield12

23 minutes ago, TomPickle said:

@bmags

everyone itt attacking our beautiful Giants

People are very mad they haven't performed a "sell-it-to-the-studs" rebuild and instead just tried to get better every year and hold it against them.

They are the milwaukee brewers of the NL West...except with a 200 million payroll. Like a thomas the tank engine with like a rocket ship taped to his back.

• Haha 1

just wanna say, I would love a Sox vs Sox post season rematch, I like how we match up against Boston, our offense is good vs good pitching and we can pretty much shut down even good hitting teams.  just wonder if Sale is back by July / August like I've read

48 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

just wanna say, I would love a Sox vs Sox post season rematch, I like how we match up against Boston, our offense is good vs good pitching and we can pretty much shut down even good hitting teams.  just wonder if Sale is back by July / August like I've read

I would put Boston just below Oakland as the best matchup. Oakland has the worst pitching vs RH hitters of all the contenders.

9 hours ago, South Sider said:

Athletic Power Rankings:

1) Red Sox
2) Dodgers
3) White Sox
4) Giants
5) Cardinals

12) Indians

17) Cubs

20) Royals

23) Twins

30) Tigers

My God. How can the Dodgers be 2 at this point? Sure, I think they will bounce back, but for a team to lose 8 out of its last 10 games? Come on. This is why I always take these rankings with a grain of salt. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WookiesOnRitalin said:

My God. How can the Dodgers be 2 at this point? Sure, I think they will bounce back, but for a team to lose 8 out of its last 10 games? Come on. This is why I always take these rankings with a grain of salt. 

It's a lot worse than that....look at the trend for three weeks.

They were +12 at one point.