White Sox Win Game 2 of Trap Series!

ron883

5 minutes ago, ron883 said:

White Sox win again? What a game! Yermin!

Ban Caulfield!!!

Good luck with that...by every definition, the White Sox have been pushed to the brink by Detroit for two games now. Couldn’t have been any closer.

Shout out to Crochet finally doing what he was drafted to do after being missing in action for two months, seemingly.  Or misused.

TLR just tied John McGraw for second all-time in managerial wins.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

Just now, Quin said:

Pulled Keuchel after 80 pitches because ... who knows.

To be fair, Keuchel can be pretty shakey after 80 pitches. I've seen a lot of people here wanting Keuchel pulled around then typically. 

Just now, caulfield12 said:

I’m sure you showed up just in time for Abreu critically moving Moncada across the diamond...

I wonder what the expected batting average on that hit is? He got lucky and hit it through a hole. 

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

To be fair, Keuchel can be pretty shakey after 80 pitches. I've seen a lot of people here wanting Keuchel pulled around then typically. 

I had no problem with pulling Keuchel. You just expect the bullpen to be better with a 5 run lead. Safe to say Heuer and Marshall just got moved down the pecking order tonight.

6 minutes ago, Quin said:

I'll just get it out of the way:

Yermin bailed out La Russa lmao.

I refuse to blame a mgr for taking a vet starter like keuchel out early only to be let down by pathetic performance from his players. Period. Players got to play and Heuer was AWFUL. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I refuse to blame a mgr for taking a vet starter like keuchel out early only to be let down by pathetic performance from his players. Period. Players got to play and Heuer was AWFUL. 

This is how I feel. Keuchel can be shakey when his pitch count gets up. The manager has to use the bullpen pieces he has. The bullpen has to keep the 5 run lead. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I wonder what the expected batting average on that hit is? He got lucky and hit it through a hole. 

He hit it over the drawn in infield. Looks like it would've been a hit even with the infield at DP depth.

Edit :My bad you were talking about Abreu. But that's just as bad. I don't know if you ever played  slow pitch softball but a good hitter should be able to hit the ball to left ,right,  or up the middle any time he wants to.  In MLB that's nearly impossible but it's exactly what Abreu wanted to do there .

Infield shaded up the middle for the DP. Abreu sees big hole on the right side with OF playing deep to cut off a fly ball over their heads that would score Moncada. He purposefully hit that there specifically to advance Yoan to 3rd. That's not lucky that was planned and a hell of a piece of hitting.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Let's all pour one out for JoeyCoralFanClub tonight. Ever since he said the Sox wouldn't win another series until June they haven't lost one. He's the true hero tonight.

He gawn! Was that guy yet another dupicate account? I don't get why people keep remaking accounts just to be miserable on a forum. 

11 minutes ago, Tony said:

I hate you 😂

lol, it wasn't the greatest move to pull Dallas after 80 I'll say that: but Codi can't come in and walk two guys with a 5 run lead and Marshall is just, well, not good either.  Glad the team got the win and picked Codi and Evan up. I can see the explanation for pulling Dallas too as he has struggled 3rd time through all year and maybe he wanted to leave a good taste in his mouth and give his pen a clean inning.  Shit managed to work out, somehow.

Edited by chitownsportsfan