Sox at Twins 8/10, 7:10

Bob Sacamano

5 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

The way the Sox operate, I'm pretty sure they would have balked on the Lynn trade for Dunning had they gotten Wheeler the season before.  

Definitely. There would have been other repercussions from signing Wheeler, because that is how things always seem to go.

10 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

The way the Sox operate, I'm pretty sure they would have balked on the Lynn trade for Dunning had they gotten Wheeler the season before.  

...did you not notice them just trade for a $16M closer to the be the setup man to their $14M closer?

"Spend the money" isn't a meme anymore.

10 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I would guess they wouldn't have looked at the Lynn deal and RR might still be the manager after more post season success last year if we are playing this counterfactual out.

17 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Zack Collins can't feel too good about things right now.  

He's no longer Gio's personal catcher after last night I'd assume. Yesterday was the perfect day for him to get a start and he didn't get one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gogosox1959 said:

For all the early season bitching about "lack of depth", those AAA players are the reason the Sox are in position to roll now that the upgrades have taken hold.

Got to give some credit to Yermin for help keeping us afloat at the beginning of the season, along with our strong starters.

Edited by hankchifan
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, chw42 said:

He's no longer Gio's personal catcher after last night I'd assume. Yesterday was the perfect day for him to get a start and he didn't get one. 

Collins D is terrible and he has not been hitting either. No choice but he grabbing some bench.

1 hour ago, KrankinSox said:

Yep, Hahn did a great job of building a roster with enough depth to weather the storms of all those injuries.  Ridiculous that people on here expected zero drop off in production when we were without Jimenez, Engel, Robert, Grandal, Madrigal, etc. for large chunks of the season. No team in the league can lose that talent and replace it easily.

Could only do it with the strong starting pitching that we have.