GT 8/20: SOX @ TB, 6:10 ESPN3/NBCSN

maloney.adam

Just now, Dick Allen said:

If the Sox don’t trust Kimbrel vs. Lowe, OMG.

Tony is showing this team usually wins despite him, not because of him.

Yeah and I don’t get planning on Bummer closing (clearly)

2 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

IF I was Kimbrel I would ask to be released. what a terrible choice to pull him. geez. 

You would be told to fuck off and come to work tomorrow

Edited by mqr
  • Like 2

Just now, RibbieRubarb said:

WTF did Tony do? No one was throwing strikes! 

First of all, it seemed a little odd to bring in Kimbrel in the 8th against the bottom of their order.

Then, pulling Kimbrel for platoon splits, when they were just going to bring in Arozarena and then Franco and Cruz were up next? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, daa84 said:

This game doesn’t matter much. But you get kimbrel for this. This is overthinking and bad managing and will cost us in october

More like Kimbrel looking horrible will cost them. He was lucky to get any outs that inning.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Kinda sad he can’t even get through an inning.  Right call by Tony.

Not sure. Arozarena pinch hitting was predictable and he has been hot. Bummer would need to face three also. I would have stayed with Kimbrel.  Kimbrel very unhappy per MLB/Rays announcer. TLR tends to over manage in critical situations. The Rays announcers are roasting TLR big time.  TLR really screwed this inning big time and possibly lose Kimbrel in the process.  Can’t believe he Intentionally walk Cruz to load the bases and put the lead run in scoring position.  This would get a lesser manager fired.