White Sox vs Guardians GT 4/21/22

soxfan49

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Isn’t it the job of a HOF manager to have guys come out ready to play? If he’s bad at strategy isn’t everyone supposed to be motivated and focused? 

I've never seen a manager make a team better at hitting a baseball. 

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Menechino is a good hitting coach. Also... MLB hitting coaches just really don't mean all that much. This is on Eloy.

They're there to get fired when the team stops hitting the ball. But hey, the team has stopped hitting the ball so.....

1 minute ago, Rowand44 said:

I do understand the worries about Eloy but I'm not quite there yet as I think last year is a bit tough to judge.  That said, if he's still looking like ass by the all star break I'll jump aboard the worry train.

His stance is just awful. Starting to feel that way with Robert also.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Menechino is a good hitting coach. Also... MLB hitting coaches just really don't mean all that much. This is on Eloy.

Too many guys have taken massive leaps (and started hitting the ball in the air more) after joining the Dodgers for me to think that's the case. Or whatever the heck the Giants have been doing the last few years. I do think hitting coaches/hitting development makes a meaningful difference for a few teams, at least. Most probably don't move the needle much either way though, I would agree.