GT 6-4: Sox @ Rays (12:40pm)

Alright boys, huge win yesterday as the Sox regained a game on the Twins (now five back) as well as Angels (now only a game back from the 7th wild card spot).  That being said, we can’t stop now in what should be a very winnable matchup.  Giolito really has to step up and keep the momentum going.  The HRs have been a problem for him so far this season and so has his effectiveness with both the changeup & slider.  Hopefully this is simply SSS noise and we see vintage Lucas today.  We desperately need that dude if we want any shot at a divisional comeback.

As for the lineup, it’s time we start bundling all the good hitters at the top of the lineup and let the cold ones either ride pine or bat in the bottom 3rd.  Please stop putting the bad fast guys up front or overplaying bad lefty or switch hitters because a RHP is the on the mound.  Tony is trying to play chess with a board full of pawns and it’s not working.  There is zero reason to overthink this right now with the offense struggling like it is.  And Jake Burger better be in the fucking lineup or I’ll riot.  Here’s what I’d like to see today:

1. Pollock, LF
  2. Vaughn, DH
  3. Abreu, 1B
  4. Robert, CF
  5. Burger, 3B
  6. Engel, RF
  7. Mendick, 2B
  8. Grandal, C#
  9. Harrison, 2B

Not a great lineup, but it’s about the best we can do and the defense is optimized outside of 3B & C.  Moncada gets a day on the bench for subpar performance and Grandal moves way down in the lineup.  Time to send both of these guys messages, although in all honesty we need both to come back to life if we want any semblance of a major league offense.  I actually think this group can give you a whopping four runs today and if Lucas can limit the HRs I think we can pull off a 4-2 victory today.

Let’s fucking go!!

Also, my pick to click for today is Big Energy.  Dude may be sporting a 51 wRC+, but he’s been incredibly unlucky based on his 18th percentile xwOBA.  The man is about to erupt and I see a multi hit effort in the cards today assuming he’s in the lineup.  And as usual, he will bring that fire & passion that the rest of the team and manager have been lacking.  It’s officially time to unleash the real Big Energy on the AL.

7 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Yarborough for TB   0-2, 4.00 ERA

https://www.espn.com/mlb/player/batvspitch/_/id/33735/ryan-yarbrough

Based on this, Leury starting is pretty much guaranteed.

Why does that make Leury a guaranteed start?  Energy has a career 1.000 OPS against the dude and Mendick has actually hit as of late.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Why does that make Leury a guaranteed start?  Energy has a career 1.000 OPS against the dude and Mendick has actually hit as of late.

Welcome to the psychedelic world of TLR where Chicago baseball fans will forever debate the worst baseball season in Chicago history. Will it be the 1969 Cub Collapse or the 2022 Sox No Show? 

21 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Because TLR will go with two hits over one.

And LHBer vs RHP.

Lol. Can’t t believe I thought he was RHP.  Prevented a Leury start, even though he does have a 2/7 against him.

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

This would be the better choice, but we both know we can’t have nice things. 

At this point, Yaz should never be in the lineup when he's not catching. Engel, even when he's not hitting, gives you plus value as a defender. If you don't have nine guys giving you plus value with their bats (and the Sox aren't even close to 9 at this point), Engel should be in the lineup nearly every day.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

At this point, Yaz should never be in the lineup when he's not catching. Engel, even when he's not hitting, gives you plus value as a defender. If you don't have nine guys giving you plus value with their bats (and the Sox aren't even close to 9 at this point), Engel should be in the lineup nearly every day.

Hence why I’d prefer Sheets at 1B over Yaz, (operating within the moronic confines of TLR’s limited thought process).  Sheets isn’t a major leaguer IMO and is awful at 1st, but Yaz should never see the field at this point if he’s not catching. 

Just now, Tnetennba said:

Hence why I’d prefer Sheets at 1B over Yaz, (operating within the moronic confines of TLR’s limited thought process).  Sheets isn’t a major leaguer IMO and is awful at 1st, but Yaz should never see the field at this point if he’s not catching. 

Lefty on the mound though.  It’s Engel who should be in the lineup.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

I agree on both points especially Grandal. I realize you have to play a slumping player until he comes out of it. But we're almost a third into the season, and I'm sick of seeing Grandal's terrible at-bats.  This guy should be able to get his average up to .200 for god's sake.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Oh I know and I agree.  I have a feeling Yaz at 1B is going to bite them in the ass today.  It’s way more sensible to put AV at 1B and play Engel, but TLR is gonna TLR.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

They're starting a reliever and will throw multiple guys this game so left/right really doesn't matter, but with the way Sheets is hitting, Engel should be in the lineup for his defensive value.

• Like 1