6/19/22 GT White Sox @ Houston 6:08 Kopech vs Javier

wegner

2 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

So with COVID and everything I've barely been into the city the past few years. We had some family friends from out of town here this past week and they were doing all the tourist stuff so I bought a CityPass and joined them. Got to the SkyDeck, Science & Industry, Aquarium, Art Museum and Field Museum all in a 4 day stretch. Was perfect timing too because my main summer job is mowing lawns and the 95+ heat was a great week to take off from that.

sO dANgeRiOus, YoU cOUld haVe GOtteN kiLlEd

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, fathom said:

Yep, well done Rick.  Javier is significantly tougher on righties.

As you mentioned earlier, would have been nice to even have Sheets as an option today (the non shitty version)

1 minute ago, CentralChamps21 said:

So with COVID and everything I've barely been into the city the past few years. We had some family friends from out of town here this past week and they were doing all the tourist stuff so I bought a CityPass and joined them. Got to the SkyDeck, Science & Industry, Aquarium, Art Museum and Field Museum all in a 4 day stretch. Was perfect timing too because my main summer job is mowing lawns and the 95+ heat was a great week to take off from that.

When I brought my wife to Chicago for the first time she wanted to do all the tourist stuff.  I was a bit appalled at the thought. We did a river tour first and I was in full tourist mode for a week. We had a great time and I learned a lot about the city. 

I have refused to take her to a Cubs' game. I have my limits. 

Can someone please walk me through the Harrison signing? He had a worse second half than Hernandez last year yet the GM gave him 5.5M. What was the thinking there? Was it "well he can't be that bad again" or "even if he sucks he's good in the clubhouse" or what?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Texsox said:

When I brought my wife to Chicago for the first time she wanted to do all the tourist stuff.  I was a bit appalled at the thought. We did a river tour first and I was in full tourist mode for a week. We had a great time and I learned a lot about the city. 

I have refused to take her to a Cubs' game. I have my limits. 

Those tourist boats have to be the greatest racket in the world. They go by every 5 minutes of the day for 12 hours a day and they're all full. It's incredible

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1