GT 7/5: MIN @ SOX, The day after

15 minutes ago, flavum said:

I’m fine with Vaughn being a great hitter with a shitload of doubles because we know the HR totals will come sooner or later. Robert needs to be better than this. 

Sucks that Anderson is in a slump. So Vaughn not hitting homers doesn't help. Easier said than done. Having Anderson on base gets you a run quicker than Abreu trying to drive Vaughn in.

This team is bad in far too many area's to have any real shot at making the playoffs. 

They lead the AL in errors per game.

They are second to last in walks per game and second to last in opponents walks per game. 

They are 3rd from last in extra base hit %

They are third from last in At Bats Per HR

So they can't field, they don't draw walks but give up a ton. They don't hit for power. This team was so poorly constructed. You have three guys who are 1B/DH playing the OF. The team is full of slow, unathletic types. Then on top of that guys you expected to produce like Grandal, Moncada,  Jimenez and Pollock are giving you nothing. 

We will see how they respond tonight in what is a very big game for a lot of reasons. Lose tonight and I expect the Twins will sweep and the Sox will be in real danger of being out of the race by the break.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

This team is bad in far too many area's to have any real shot at making the playoffs. 

They are second to last in walks per game and second to last in opponents walks per game. 

So they can't field, they don't draw walks but give up a ton. They don't hit for power. This team was so poorly constructed. You have three guys who are 1B/DH playing the OF. The team is full of slow, unathletic types. Then on top of that guys you expected to produce like Grandal, Moncada,  Jimenez and Pollock are giving you nothing. 

We will see how they respond tonight in what is a very big game for a lot of reasons. Lose tonight and I expect the Twins will sweep and the Sox will be in real danger of being out of the race by the break.

I've never liked the, "this is a must win" thing unless it's the end of the year or post season, but in this case i agree . we are on the edge of the precipice and leaning . everything that you said is very depressing, but, "You have three guys who are 1B/DH playing the OF" made me laugh out loud for some reason . this season is tearing at my sanity.

38 minutes ago, Bad Hombre said:

Archer scratched. Josh Winder starting instead. Wonder if that’s due to the sketchy forecast tonight. 

well that's not ideal for the Sox.  I'd much rather face Archer.  Hopefully this means we get Archer tomorrow instead of Ryan. 

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Weather.com suggests Sox should have a window to play, but lots of talk on twitter about this one potentially getting bagged. 

Definitely looks like anything goes tonight- postponed, rain shortened, suspended. Or they get lucky and dodge it. Just win. Today or tomorrow. Get a W.

Trying to make myself forget the embarrassment of the 7th inning and remember that we had a very impressive sweep in SF, followed by a game that really should have been their fourth win in a row.  Hopefully we look back in two days saying “well, two out of three and we really should’ve swept them.”  Start fresh tonight.

12 minutes ago, Bad Hombre said:

Patented White Sox travel day off 🙄

He is a great veteran-ish clubhouse presence.  Just the fact he is there practically guarantees a win tonight.

2 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Weather.com suggests Sox should have a window to play, but lots of talk on twitter about this one potentially getting bagged. 

I've been checking all day and right now we have a 30% chance at 7p and 30% chance at 9p.  

2 hours ago, brijames1957 said:

Don’t forget those GIDP’s!

17 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

When Eloy is back what will the excuse be as to why they cannot hit RHP? 

He hasn't played long enough with the guys to form a bond and unity. That takes 500 PA's at the minimum. He also isn't allowed to run more than one base at a time or tag up.